The Lord of the Rings

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
59d 10h 5m
There's got to be some analytics comparing users and which aspect of prime they use, as well as user growth and retention, you know? I mean Amazon has got to know the difference between people who use the service for free shipping and people who binge invincible and jack reacher.

The dump WAY too much money into it for a service that we just assume people would sub too even they didn't stream anything

They ABSOLUTELY know and I bet they aren't going to make it public, because it goes against the narrative they want to push.

j00t

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
102d 13h 23m
They ABSOLUTELY know and I bet they aren't going to make it public, because it goes against the narrative they want to push.
yeah... but... i mean, explain it to me in small words because i have a sinus infection and can't concentrate very well...

but... either it's profitable or it's not. if it's not, why are they dumping so much money into it? if they wouldn't lose any subscribers if they just dumped the video portion, why would they continue to fund it? i'm excluding bad investments like the rings of power, where they dropped like 4 billion or whatever obscene amount they paid for... even the shows that do well and people like (again, things like jack reacher, invincible, the terminal list) cost a bunch of money to make and while i'm glad they are making shows like that, it'd be a better business decision to stop all of it... right? so why don't they?

Penance

Blackwing Lair Raider
42d 10h 28m
why are they dumping so much money into it?
"Corporations buying cultural relevance"

The pure amount of shit there is to watch these days is staggering. It isn't shit for Amazon to piss away money on an IP that is very much so cemented in Western Fantasy Culture if they can just keep their name in your mouth. That MrBeast guy spends a ridiculous amount on his videos too and that's one youtube guy (and a team obviously).

j00t

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
102d 13h 23m
"Corporations buying cultural relevance"

The pure amount of shit there is to watch these days is staggering. It isn't shit for Amazon to piss away money on an IP that is very much so cemented in Western Fantasy Culture if they can just keep their name in your mouth. That MrBeast guy spends a ridiculous amount on his videos too and that's one youtube guy (and a team obviously).
You are implying that billion dollar companies are taking business advice from YouTubers and I'm honestly not sure if anything is more terrifying for our future

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
82d 7h 25m
Are you city folks getting 2 day shipping from Prime? Everything here is pretty much a minimum of a week. Order it on Monday, it will come next Monday. Or maybe Tuesday. Or occasionally something takes a month for some reason, or they tell you it's coming in a week and then you get a notice saying "sorry, it's late" and it shows up in another week to 10 days. Pre-pandemic the two-day shipping even worked fairly well out in the boonies. Now forget about it but I hear about people in big cities getting stuff the same day they order.

joz123

Potato del Grande
150d 2h 55m
Are you city folks getting 2 day shipping from Prime? Everything here is pretty much a minimum of a week. Order it on Monday, it will come next Monday. Or maybe Tuesday. Or occasionally something takes a month for some reason, or they tell you it's coming in a week and then you get a notice saying "sorry, it's late" and it shows up in another week to 10 days. Pre-pandemic the two-day shipping even worked fairly well out in the boonies. Now forget about it but I hear about people in big cities getting stuff the same day they order.
I get same or next day shipping on pharmacy type stuff like Tums, bandaids etc but anything like electronics could take a week then keep being delayed. Really unreliable now.

• 1Like
Reactions: BrutulTM

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i order normal free shipping. i dont have prime and i get my shit in 2-3 days.

• 1Like
Reactions: BrutulTM

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
84d 2h 51m
Yes I’m getting most of the stuff I order same day if I order early enough in the day, otherwise I’m most likely getting it overnight and the package is at my door before 7am.