The Lord of the Rings

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
As much nerd outcry as there was that he wasn't included in the LOTR Movies, putting him in this and making him a 300 lb black transexual would be the ultimate troll.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
As much nerd outcry as there was that he wasn't included in the LOTR Movies, putting him in this and making him a 300 lb black transexual would be the ultimate troll.
I recall very little nerd outcry about Tom being cut because it was plain that including the Barrow-Downs would have added like 45-60 minutes of runtime to the movie. Aragorn just happening to be carrying 4 hobbit sized blades around with him was a bigger deal than Tom being cut.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cutting tom was probably the best thing Jackson did to adapt to film.

Although the dwarf jam in the first hobbit film was a banger.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Cutting tom was probably the best thing Jackson did to adapt to film.

Although the dwarf jam in the first hobbit film was a banger.
One of the few cartoon movie memories I have from the reeeeally old hobbit movie. Glad they kept it in

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Tom is very much a character that really only works in book medium. You can take time on a character that only raises questions in a book, but on screen you are limited in only showing characters that NEED to be there.

Tom builds the extended world at large while not really answering any immediate questions. He has no impact on the story itself of the Lord of the rings, which is why he's such a divisive character. He serves zero narrative purpose. The hobbits could have gotten the barrow blades several different ways which is the most obvious thing he does for the story. The blades have zero connection to Tom outside of him being the catalyst for the hobbits getting them.

Tom represents a few different ideas that work for the larger narrative, but has no business being in movie or TV form.

• 1Like

Goatface

1679346228065.png

• 1Double Worf
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
LMAO, you all still watch this shit?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So theyre already starting to farm hate watchers for season 2? I wonder how many times they can do it before people just dont care anymore.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So theyre already starting to farm hate watchers for season 2? I wonder how many times they can do it before people just dont care anymore.

day late and a dollar short. Who is actually excited for Season 2? Even fans who defended Season 1 aren't exactly frothing for more.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
day late and a dollar short. Who is actually excited for Season 2? Even fans who defended Season 1 aren't exactly frothing for more.
The people up above seem to be following the sources of this disaster. Without the thread updating with the new noghob's - would it have even crossed our thoughts? lol