The Lord of the Rings

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Long enough to write the history.
that doesnt sound very scientific, i thought we were trusting the science. according to science, we all came from one jogger in africa named Lucy. she just randomly appeared one day and started popping black, asian, and white babies out spontaneously and they populated the planet.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
that doesnt sound very scientific, i thought we were trusting the science. according to science, we all came from one jogger in africa named Lucy. she just randomly appeared one day and started popping black, asian, and white babies out spontaneously and they populated the planet.
Right after the universe shit into being from nothing. You know, like universes do.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Right after the universe shit into being from nothing. You know, like universes do.
oh yeah, that was some serious science-ing.

normal guy: hey science guys, how did the universe start?
Science Guy. it just blew up one day and there it was! stop asking questions, you retard!

• 1Like

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
oh yeah, that was some serious science-ing.

normal guy: hey science guys, how did the universe start?
Science Guy. it just blew up one day and there it was! stop asking questions, you retard!
Because CLEARLY that makes so much more sense than a fuckin watchmaker made a watch. Occam and all.

Also on topic, this is going to be rank shit.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Misuse of a word doesn't change the fucking definition. Members of the same echo chamber on the internet are not a tribe. A cult is not a tribe. A book club is not a tribe. A movement is not a tribe. FoH is not a tribe.

I'm Native American, which makes me an expert on this topic. Also, you owe me some reparations for cultural appropriation. Paypal only.
You may not have noticed how definitions get changed by irrational people, so while the definition used by Lithose was correct (as I said), it is not the definition that the show runners for the Ghetto Shire show is using or possibly even aware of. Is a Nation a Tribe?

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Is a Nation a Tribe?
No, it isn't. But, a collection of tribes can be a nation. Words mean what they mean and misuse does not change their meaning. I have no desire to continue arguing semantics, or linguistics. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to eat some strawberries while I resume my first viewing of Stargate SG-1. Have a good day, sir.

1634000010140.png

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not surprised about the timeline. Will most likely be the 2nd millenium of the Second Age when Sauron first appears in his elvish/maiar form and forges the rings of power. It's also around the same time Elrond constructs Rivendell, Galadriel shows up, and Numenor is formed.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not surprised about the timeline. Will most likely be the 2nd millenium of the Second Age when Sauron first appears in his elvish/maiar form and forges the rings of power. It's also around the same time Elrond constructs Rivendell, Galadriel shows up, and Numenor is formed.

Ill be pretty excited if that ends up being correct.

spronk

FPS noob
So thats the first we've seen of a release date, 9/2/22 for the first episode drop.

The show has filmed 2 seasons, back to back, and season 1 is 8 episodes.

synopsis from amazon website

This epic drama is set thousands of years before the events of J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, and will take viewers back to an era in which great powers were forged, kingdoms rose to glory and fell to ruin, unlikely heroes were tested, hope hung by the finest of threads, and the greatest villain that ever flowed from Tolkien's pen threatened to cover all the world in darkness. Beginning in a time of relative peace, the series follows an ensemble cast of characters, both familiar and new, as they confront the long-feared re-emergence of evil to Middle-earth. From the darkest depths of the Misty Mountains, to the majestic forests of the elf-capital of Lindon, to the breathtaking island kingdom of Númenor, to the furthest reaches of the map, these kingdoms and characters will carve out legacies that live on long after they are gone.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
"Greatest villain"? Are they referring to Morgoth's errand boy?

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
How much of the events of Shadow of War are canon? will Celebrimbor be in this?
Not sure if serious, but just in case, shadows of war is a super fun fanfic. Nothing that happens in it is canon and it even changes stuff just to fit it's nonsense.

But if this does have sauron in his fair form, and it is about, or at least shows the creation of the rings, then yes celebrimbor SHOULD be in this

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Considering the casting we know of so far, I'm not sure it can be focused anywhere other than Numenor, unless we're going to get PoC Elves. Given how WoT was ruined, I can only see this as a disappointment.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
still lord of the big lips.

Regardless if they're spending a billion dollars or not.. the casting speaks for itself. Its going to affect the story.

• 1Rustled
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
WoT makes me extremely dubious about this series but I have hope...
They even spared no expense with the title teaser and went practical effects for it.

• 1Like