The Lord of the Rings

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
There are a few ways they can go with this but it will be tricksy. There are often several hundred year gaps of basically nothing between big events.

The wars are very large though. Pretty sure the largest naval battle ever is in the second age. The military power of the Numenoreans was awesome. They were also enormously rich.

I'd like to see them do an episode each on the fall of the nine kings that became Nazgul.

There's plenty to do and see if they treat it like a history, but you know how screenwriters are. They gotta have their plot twists and romances and such.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

This is like dune - you have the plot and source and tons of detail... just USE IT stop "being an arteeeest" on top of a true artistic visionary

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
They would have to dumb this down a good bit to make it enjoyable by like 80%+ of viewers.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I hope they get Jonah Hill to play Gandalf and Rebel Wilson to play Galadriel.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I hope they're not going to shoehorn in a bunch of sex scenes to be an edgy cable drama. That was pretty cheesy in GoT but it would be 100 times worse here.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I hope they don't make characters with purple hair, and half the people be gay, and whatever other stupid shit. Oh and I'm sure a black woman will save the day.

• 1Like

Maul

Dental Dammer
I hope they don't make characters with purple hair, and half the people be gay, and whatever other stupid shit. Oh and I'm sure a black woman will save the day.
If I see a black elf then it's a hard pass for me.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
LFHIbkR.jpg

The Tolkien estate supposedly having some creative control is the only thing that gives me hope considering that the family has strong Christian beliefs from what I understand. Otherwise I'm sure we'd end up with gay hobbit orgies. The race thing should be interesting since there's really no reason at all for any human to be anything other than white in Middle Earth. It wouldn't make sense by the source material or by basic biology. I would bet anything though that this won't fly with Amazon and we'll receive some DIVERSITY in the casting.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

elidib

Vyemm Raider
So, questions for those that know more about the lore than I do:

• How does Shadow of Mordor and Shadow of War plot fit into this thing?
  • Does this take place before or after those events?
  • is anything about the games, Celebrimbor, Talion, or the "new" ring canon?
  • Will we see anything about Shelob being human or having any relationship with Sauron or anything like that?
  • Is Galadriel/Elrond cast in this thing? Obviously they're not gonna get Cate Blanchett and Hugo Weaving

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
So, questions for those that know more about the lore than I do:

• How does Shadow of Mordor and Shadow of War plot fit into this thing?
  • Does this take place before or after those events?
  • is anything about the games, Celebrimbor, Talion, or the "new" ring canon?
  • Will we see anything about Shelob being human or having any relationship with Sauron or anything like that?
  • Is Galadriel/Elrond cast in this thing? Obviously they're not gonna get Cate Blanchett and Hugo Weaving

This budget could definitely get them on board.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I'm pretty interested in Sauron and his rise to power and the forging of the rings as that's a great story on its own. I'm glad that the Tolkien estate has a veto as writers are fucking retarded and this would descend into game of thrones mk2 quite easily.

If anyone would tell amazon to fuck off it's them.