The Lord of the Rings

Siliconemelons

Sauron is kinda cool, he if anything is stubborn and an opportunist.

God hanging out, making some sweet music that creates everything.

One of those creations thinks he can sing better, but he just screws everything up and is like "no man, this is grunge gutteral scandinavian power metal bagpipe fusion, it is the bees knees!"

Dudes all watching this go on for a few thousand years and God is like "No, your music sucks, I know - I am God" and backhands the dude into oblivion.

Everyone is like "whoa.billandted.gif"

Then that dudes lead secondary vocalist and premiere flame throwing electric bagpipe player steps up and says "Hold my beer fam, I can do better than that last guy."

• 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is there a single black human in all of the LotR movies? I watched FotR the other day, and started looking around in backgrounds but I don't think there is a single one.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Is there a single asian human in the LotR movies. How bout an albino. Are there any albinos for crying out loud.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Is there a single black human in all of the LotR movies? I watched FotR the other day, and started looking around in backgrounds but I don't think there is a single one.

The elephant army was black or at least middle eastern. I remember some butthurt when the movie came out that the only ethnic looking people were bad guys.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I had read something about that somewhere else, and mentioned his name would be Beldor? Which is sort of nonsense halfass sindarin that almost means great land... which doesn't really make much sense as a name. Hopefully that was just a typo or something.

They'd better make an effort on the language stuff.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I had read something about that somewhere else, and mentioned his name would be Beldor? Which is sort of nonsense halfass sindarin that almost means great land... which doesn't really make much sense as a name. Hopefully that was just a typo or something.

They'd better make an effort on the language stuff.

Words matter in Middle Earth!

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They are all hidden under orc makeup.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

iannis

Musty Nester
Wait. Committed to 5 seasons at the cost of 1 billion?

Yeah, they're trying to make the next GoT. What a TERRIBLE IP to try to do it with.

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
Half of that One Billion was just for the copyright, or am I remembering it wrong ?

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
LFHIbkR.jpg

Nervous about the 20 episode thing. That is a HUGE season to try and write well. A lot of "golden age" TV shows work because they are 10-13 episodes. 12~ hours seems like a really good "zone" to write a satisfying arc, with enough money to make each episode interesting and not enough time to require filler.

Broadcast TV tends to suffer a lot from its length, having to rely on episodic monster of the week shit. I don't think they'd be that stupid to do that. And with their budget, 20 episodes a season leaves the 7.5 million per episode, which is right around the average for GoT during the first 4-5 seasons (Its also about the average of a lot of the big hit streaming shows, like Stranger Things). So they have the budget to do 20 episodes, but the question is do they have the writers?

Seems like they might have a meatier show if they could spend 10-12 million per episode and just do 12 episodes.

• 2Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Nervous about the 20 episode thing. That is a HUGE season to try and write well. A lot of "golden age" TV shows work because they are 10-13 episodes. 12~ hours seems like a really good "zone" to write a satisfying arc, with enough money to make each episode interesting and not enough time to require filler.

Broadcast TV tends to suffer a lot from its length, having to rely on episodic monster of the week shit. I don't think they'd be that stupid to do that. And with their budget, 20 episodes a season leaves the 7.5 million per episode, which is right around the average for GoT during the first 4-5 seasons (Its also about the average of a lot of the big hit streaming shows, like Stranger Things). So they have the budget to do 20 episodes, but the question is do they have the writers?

Seems like they might have a meatier show if they could spend 10-12 million per episode and just do 12 episodes.

Hopefully, the writers that sold the idea, that this could be done, had been working on scripts for years as a passion project. Maybe the following seasons will be shorter, so they have time to write quality work. Amazon has shown that they are willing to wait years between seasons in The Man in the High Castle; so there is always that (bad) option.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>

Robert Aramayo, Owain Arthur and Nazanin Boniadi are among the series stars. Also joining the cast is Tom Budge, Morfydd Clark, Ismael Cruz Córdova, Ema Horvath, Markella Kavenagh, Joseph Mawle, Tyroe Muhafidin, Sophia Nomvete, Megan Richards, Dylan Smith, Charlie Vickers.

“After undertaking an extensive global search, we are delighted finally to reveal the first group of brilliant performers who will take part in Amazon’s ‘The Lord of the Rings’ series,” said series showrunners J.D. Payne and Patrick McKay. “These exceptionally talented women and men are more than just our actors: they are the newest members of an ever-expanding creative family that is now working tirelessly to bring Middle-earth to life anew for fans and audiences worldwide.”

The “Lord of the Rings” series is written by Payne and Patrick McKay. In addition, “Game of Thrones” alum Bryan Cogman has signed on as a consulting producer on the project with J.A. Bayona set to direct multiple episodes. Production will begin in February.

In addition to those previously announced, the show’s full creative team will consist of: executive producers Lindsey Weber, Bruce Richmond, Gene Kelly, and Amazon’s former head of genre programming Sharon Tal Yguado; writer and executive producer Gennifer Hutchison; writer and executive producer Jason Cahill; writer and executive producer Justin Doble; consulting producer Stephany Folsom; producer Ron Ames; writer and co-producer Helen Shang; and writing consultant Glenise Mullins. Bayona will also executive produce along with his partner Belén Atienza.

Little is known about the plot of the “Lord of the Rings” series beyond the fact it will explore new storylines preceding J.R.R. Tolkien’s “The Fellowship of the Ring.” The show’s official Twitter account sent out an image of a map along with the two messages: “One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them, In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie,” as well as “Welcome to the Second Age.” In the Tolkien mythology, the Second Age was the time in which the Rings of Power, including Sauron’s One Ring, came into existence.

Rime

<Donor>
I mean, they have some 'POC' in it, I guess? No idea what roles/how important they will be.
1579065860952.png
1579065886407.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Maul

Dental Dammer
Wait. Committed to 5 seasons at the cost of 1 billion?

Yeah, they're trying to make the next GoT. What a TERRIBLE IP to try to do it with.
Wheel of time would have been better, or Stormlight archive.

• 2Like