The Lord of the Rings

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's got to be some analytics comparing users and which aspect of prime they use, as well as user growth and retention, you know? I mean Amazon has got to know the difference between people who use the service for free shipping and people who binge invincible and jack reacher.

The dump WAY too much money into it for a service that we just assume people would sub too even they didn't stream anything

They ABSOLUTELY know and I bet they aren't going to make it public, because it goes against the narrative they want to push.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
They ABSOLUTELY know and I bet they aren't going to make it public, because it goes against the narrative they want to push.
yeah... but... i mean, explain it to me in small words because i have a sinus infection and can't concentrate very well...

but... either it's profitable or it's not. if it's not, why are they dumping so much money into it? if they wouldn't lose any subscribers if they just dumped the video portion, why would they continue to fund it? i'm excluding bad investments like the rings of power, where they dropped like 4 billion or whatever obscene amount they paid for... even the shows that do well and people like (again, things like jack reacher, invincible, the terminal list) cost a bunch of money to make and while i'm glad they are making shows like that, it'd be a better business decision to stop all of it... right? so why don't they?

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
why are they dumping so much money into it?
"Corporations buying cultural relevance"

The pure amount of shit there is to watch these days is staggering. It isn't shit for Amazon to piss away money on an IP that is very much so cemented in Western Fantasy Culture if they can just keep their name in your mouth. That MrBeast guy spends a ridiculous amount on his videos too and that's one youtube guy (and a team obviously).

j00t

"Corporations buying cultural relevance"

The pure amount of shit there is to watch these days is staggering. It isn't shit for Amazon to piss away money on an IP that is very much so cemented in Western Fantasy Culture if they can just keep their name in your mouth. That MrBeast guy spends a ridiculous amount on his videos too and that's one youtube guy (and a team obviously).
You are implying that billion dollar companies are taking business advice from YouTubers and I'm honestly not sure if anything is more terrifying for our future

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Are you city folks getting 2 day shipping from Prime? Everything here is pretty much a minimum of a week. Order it on Monday, it will come next Monday. Or maybe Tuesday. Or occasionally something takes a month for some reason, or they tell you it's coming in a week and then you get a notice saying "sorry, it's late" and it shows up in another week to 10 days. Pre-pandemic the two-day shipping even worked fairly well out in the boonies. Now forget about it but I hear about people in big cities getting stuff the same day they order.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Are you city folks getting 2 day shipping from Prime? Everything here is pretty much a minimum of a week. Order it on Monday, it will come next Monday. Or maybe Tuesday. Or occasionally something takes a month for some reason, or they tell you it's coming in a week and then you get a notice saying "sorry, it's late" and it shows up in another week to 10 days. Pre-pandemic the two-day shipping even worked fairly well out in the boonies. Now forget about it but I hear about people in big cities getting stuff the same day they order.
I get same or next day shipping on pharmacy type stuff like Tums, bandaids etc but anything like electronics could take a week then keep being delayed. Really unreliable now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i order normal free shipping. i dont have prime and i get my shit in 2-3 days.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
1-2 day shipping on everything. I barely go to stores.

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Used to be next day in the UK with Prime pretty much wherever you are but I was ordering stuff on Saturday and it was telling me Wednesday.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yes I’m getting most of the stuff I order same day if I order early enough in the day, otherwise I’m most likely getting it overnight and the package is at my door before 7am.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You are implying that billion dollar companies are taking business advice from YouTubers and I'm honestly not sure if anything is more terrifying for our future
No I'm implying they know the importance of investing in content. Although with how much the 21 and under crowd watches YT they probably do have an indirect influence on all our media.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Mostly 1-2 day if it is advertised as such. Some items are Prime but still take forever, but they're usually telling you that upfront. Occasionally do still get the ones that should be here tomorrow that are next week, but I'd say it's rare.

• 1Like

j00t

citation needed
it took a minute to track this down... it's all rumor and speculation. i had heard it through the rumor mill and everyone just seemed to be passing it along but didn't have a source. however, i found this, i think it's the origination of the rumor? basically chris gore (who seems to be fairly reliable, though he's not really in the leak industry) said “I heard from someone who has a contact at Amazon that – if you wanna know – that effectively, they’re going to be retooling,” he explained. “And [Payne and McKay] are more than likely… they’re not gonna be publicly fired, but their role will be reduced.”

so again, it's just rumor and speculation. i haven't seen any public statements confirming or denying so either they are still trying to figure out what to do about the showrunners and don't have an official statement to give, or they don't feel like responding to it. though, i think that's somewhat less likely because they've responded to a lot of the criticism on the show.

anyway, here's where the rumor originated, i linked the beginning of the conversation

• 1Like

Goatface

this show is saved........

1671054986501.png

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
this show is saved........

View attachment 447832

So they are adding Brandstrom as showrunner.

No sign of McKay or Payne being removed for season 2.

Rather, they will just have to work with Brandstrom. But if you believe the rumormill, then Brandstrom is the only showrunner of Season 2 as McKay and Payne are being allowed to stay but being relegated to second fiddle.

I however don't believe the rumors. I think adding a woman to the showrunner team is just poltiical to further vent criticism.

There's been no official indication the original showrunners are being moved off the project for Season 2.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So they are adding Brandstrom as showrunner.

No sign of McKay or Payne being removed for season 2.

Rather, they will just have to work with Brandstrom. But if you believe the rumormill, then Brandstrom is the only showrunner of Season 2 as McKay and Payne are being allowed to stay but being relegated to second fiddle.

I however don't believe the rumors. I think adding a woman to the showrunner team is just poltiical to further vent criticism.

There's been no official indication the original showrunners are being moved off the project for Season 2.

She's labeled as "co-producer" which doesn't mean anything, especially when you're already in the directing pool. Most likely they liked her job, promoted her to do more gigs and call it a all-female news. To be honest, this show has way more problems than knowing if the director has a vagina or not.