The Machine

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
2.50 star(s) Rating: 2.50/5 2 Votes
Title: The Machine

Genre: Action, Comedy

Director: Peter Atencio

Cast: Mark Hamill, Bert Kreischer, Jimmy Tatro, Stephanie Kurtzuba, Nikola Đuričko

Plot: A feature film telling comedian Bert Kreischer’s story. In the comic’s stand-up special “The Machine,” the story follows Kreischer’s adventure as a seventh-year senior at Florida State University who was accidentally majoring in Russian. Kreischer says he became well known among Russian Mafia members while studying abroad and earned the nickname “the Machine” because of his incredible drinking prowess. Ultimately, his connections would catch up with him on a class trip where he was forced to become an accomplice in a train robbery.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Did I see fucking Luke Skywalker's smug little face in there?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
A movie about Bert Kreisher's one and only funny joke?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
So it's like The Aristocrats but only about Bert and not funny.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Luke plays Bert's father. It asada actually filmed early Covid, but they had to shelf it until the drama of Ukraine/Russia died down.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
That trailer should get some people fired for how quickly I lost interest in the movie.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Wasn't interested at first but the trailer may have sold me on checking it out lol

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
His book "Life of the Party: Stories of a Perpetual Man-Child" is pretty funny and he does the reading for the audiobook version.

That's all I got.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I saw this on Thursday, and it was surprisingly good. I'm a fan of Kreischer, but I know that doesn't really translate into a movie. However, this movie WAS entertaining. I liked the cast. And Bert's real wife made a guest appearance as the divorced wife of someone else at the pool party. The sound quality of the action sequences were really good as well. There was a shootout in this small room full of echos because it was all marble, and it sounded great.

Also, as Aldarion Aldarion was talking about music soundtracks in the GotG movie, it reminded me of this. This was all songs from the 90's, and it was good music. Especially when Filter's Hey Man Nice Shot came on. I really liked this movie.

• 1Like

Lenthan

Molten Core Raider
Bret Chrysler is definitely an acquired taste. Hope the movie is funny so other comics can make good comedies again, though.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I’ll watch it when it comes to streaming but Bert’s career is entirely about riding Segura’s dick and I’ve never found him funny by himself.

• 1Solidarity

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I’ll watch it when it comes to streaming but Bert’s career is entirely about riding Segura’s dick and I’ve never found him funny by himself.
I knew Bert probably 10+ years before Tom. Besides his shows on FX and Travel Channel Bert also had his first comedy special years before Tom did. Bert certainly didn't need Tom. I like them both though and they work well together. They both continuously promote each other as well.

• 1Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database