The Man Cave - Cigars and pairings

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I looked for a thread for cigars, whiskey and meat pairings but didn't find anything.

Hope is that this thread stays alive with new discoveries of all things cigars, whiskey, meat and everything included with all of the above. For beginners and veterans.

e3a2ls4fwwdrhgeah7hcpvakye7nt3lmbrpv0xyplwn9ekezol7gffb1eyvz2mgw-.jpg

What is your favorite(s) brand? Favorite lighters? Triple flame? Soft flame?
What's your favorite pairing? Favorite way to cut your cigar?

So many questions, so many pairings, so many different styles. Let's discover and discuss.
8a483cb2b8d1f8fd61efc0a131caf103.jpg

For me, personally, I really enjoy the Master Blend III Robusto cigar. Very nice coffee, nuts and earth tones to it. Very smooth.

I'm no expert or veteran, I would still consider myself new to the cigar game, considering my lack of knowledge of various cigars beyond what I've tried thus far.

What do you like?

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I looked for a thread for cigars, whiskey and meat pairings but didn't find anything.

Hope is that this thread stays alive with new discoveries of all things cigars, whiskey, meat and everything included with all of the above. For beginners and veterans.

View attachment 411529

What is your favorite(s) brand? Favorite lighters? Triple flame? Soft flame?
What's your favorite pairing? Favorite way to cut your cigar?

So many questions, so many pairings, so many different styles. Let's discover and discuss.
View attachment 411531

For me, personally, I really enjoy the Master Blend III Robusto cigar. Very nice coffee, nuts and earth tones to it. Very smooth.

I'm no expert or veteran, I would still consider myself new to the cigar game, considering my lack of knowledge of various cigars beyond what I've tried thus far.

What do you like?
I'm no cigar expert, i am a tobacco pipe guy. i do enjoy some H Upmanns and when i can get them i do Trinidads from Cuba. drink of choice is just a beer and pork rinds. :p
99% of the time, i smoke pipes, Pipe of choice is a Savinelli volcano and tobacco is Peter Stokkebye's Luxury Twist Flake. i am a pure Virginia Perique guy (VaPer)
iu
\
iu

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I'm no cigar expert, i am a tobacco pipe guy. i do enjoy some H Upmanns and when i can get them i do Trinidads from Cuba. drink of choice is just a beer and pork rinds. :p
99% of the time, i smoke pipes, Pipe of choice is a Savinelli volcano and tobacco is Peter Stokkebye's Luxury Twist Flake. i am a pure Virginia Perique guy (VaPer)
iu
\
iu
I love the flavor of the cigars I currently have. How are pipes? I've been quite curious about them.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I love the flavor of the cigars I currently have. How are pipes? I've been quite curious about them.
best thing ever, very calming, no stinkiness great room note, the VaPer smells like brewing coffee or bread baking. everyone loves it. if you start up pipe smoking try to stay away from blends that have Latakia in them, they are really strong and smell like ass. i dont usually mind, but when i smoke them it makes me feel high and like i'm coming down with a cold. not a good feeling. Virginia Perique mix is where its at, or some kind of Burley and Cavendish which is what a lot of drugstore blends are made of. when you smoke those everyone says it reminds them of their grandpa. seriously, people will come up to you and say that.
Oldbased Oldbased is into pipes too. if you start, just get a simple corn cob pipe which is a few dollars and can maybe still be found in drug stores.
head on over to Pipesandcigars.com for great bargains on pipe and cigar products and of course tobacco. i buy pipe tobacco in bulk because its very reasonaby priced.

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
best thing ever, very calming, no stinkiness great room note, the VaPer smells like brewing coffee or bread baking. everyone loves it. if you start up pipe smoking try to stay away from blends that have Latakia in them, they are really strong and smell like ass. i dont usually mind, but when i smoke them it makes me feel high and like i'm coming down with a cold. not a good feeling. Virginia Perique mix is where its at, or some kind of Burley and Cavendish which is what a lot of drugstore blends are made of. when you smoke those everyone says it reminds them of their grandpa. seriously, people will come up to you and say that.
Oldbased Oldbased is into pipes too. if you start, just get a simple corn cob pipe which is a few dollars and can maybe still be found in drug stores.
head on over to Pipesandcigars.com for great bargains on pipe and cigar products and of course tobacco. i buy pipe tobacco in bulk because its very reasonaby priced.
Looks like I have something else to research now as well. I've looked at pipes before and they were astronomically expensive. Which is when I turned to cigars. I may have just gone to the wrong site that only had the high end pipes. The one downside I don't like about cigars (at the ones I'm currently smoking) have that after smell, like cigarettes but not as offensive. Though, if pipe has a favorable aroma for even those around, I think I may try that as well.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Looks like I have something else to research now as well. I've looked at pipes before and they were astronomically expensive. Which is when I turned to cigars. I may have just gone to the wrong site that only had the high end pipes. The one downside I don't like about cigars (at the ones I'm currently smoking) have that after smell, like cigarettes but not as offensive. Though, if pipe has a favorable aroma for even those around, I think I may try that as well.
been smoking pipes since th 90s and i have never gotten anyone tell me what i was smoking smelled like shit. however i have gotten tons of dirty looks while smoking cigars. i dont care too much about that because i feel like Deniro in Cape Fear and just laugh at them, but it also stinks you up, stinks your hands up. i tend to like the italian cigars which can be flavored with cognac or anisette. they sell Avanti's in convenience stores, they are all tobacco and not filler like those horrible phillies or swisher fake cigars.
iu

iu

Last edited: