The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 2 Votes
Title: The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Genre: Comedy, Drama

First aired: 2017-03-16

Creator: Amy Sherman-Palladino

Cast: Rachel Brosnahan, Alex Borstein, Tony Shalhoub, Marin Hinkle, Michael Zegen, Bailey De Young, Nunzio Pascale, Matteo Pascale, Matilda Szydagis, Brian Tarantina, Holly Curran, Joel Johnstone, Cynthia Darlow

Overview: It’s 1958 Manhattan and Miriam “Midge” Maisel has everything she’s ever wanted - the perfect husband, kids, and Upper West Side apartment. But when her life suddenly takes a turn and Midge must start over, she discovers a previously unknown talent - one that will take her all the way from the comedy clubs of Greenwich Village to a spot on Johnny Carson’s couch.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
c2rFy4Fi8rxzEaPqBTFa8T9hmnp.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2017-03-16[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]It’s 1958 Manhattan and Miriam “Midge” Maisel has everything she’s ever wanted - the perfect husband, kids, and Upper West Side apartment. But when her life suddenly takes a turn and Midge must start over, she discovers a previously unknown talent - one that will take her all the way from the comedy clubs of Greenwich Village to a spot on Johnny Carson’s couch.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

So I guess the pilot for this was released several months ago and my wife was watching it. It looked pretty stupid. Kind of a broadway inspired chick show. The full thing got released last month though, and we watched it all, and I've got to say it was fucking hilarious.

It's not a perfect show, and as mentioned it has a quirky "play-like" quality to it, but overall I think it was worth a watch. It's also SUPER Jew-y.

Plus, the star of the show is the girl who played Rachel Posner from House of Cards and her tits are phenomenal! Their only appearance is the first episode, but god damn...

• 1Like

faille

Molten Core Raider
Awesome show. Really enjoyed it. Created by the same team that did the Gilmore girls so it shares the same style of dialogue and pacing

• 1Like

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
It hit its stride around mid season but then they just spun their wheels until the end, preventing any further plot development before next season. Which was a shame because I thoroughly enjoyed some of the episodes but things became very redundant and a bit boring in the end.

• 1Like

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
This is actually a pretty awesome show, surprised it doesn't get more love. Almost done with season 2 and it's been good laughs all the way. I have a major crush on Mrs. Maisel.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
This is actually a pretty awesome show, surprised it doesn't get more love. Almost done with season 2 and it's been good laughs all the way. I have a major crush on Mrs. Maisel.
Of course you like it! :emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose:

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
my wife watches this show and said she loved season 1 but season 2 was too full of jew stuff lol

i assume no nudity in this, i do like watching shows about comedians and stuff from the 50s might be good but how "white men are evil" is this show

• 1Worf

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
my wife watches this show and said she loved season 1 but season 2 was too full of jew stuff lol

i assume no nudity in this, i do like watching shows about comedians and stuff from the 50s might be good but how "white men are evil" is this show
I couldn't make it through the first couple episodes of the 2nd season.

Too much SJW shit that shouldn't be in a period piece. Especially not a comedy.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Saying this show is too jewish / full of SJW propaganda is like saying Mad Men is mysoginist and full of cliches.

Also Rachel Brosnahan tits are glorious.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Just started watching this, it's pretty entertaining. It's well cast.. mrs maisel is killing it, and her parents and susie are also hilarious.

• 2Like

iannis

Musty Nester
You watch it Juden? Great show. Maisel's father is comedy Gold.
Pollak playing a stereotype. But he nails it. And schaloub is finally playing a different kind of neurotic.

The entire show is great. I admit there are a few scenes I skip. I don't need to see the flashbacks to when Midge and Joel were happy newlyweds. I get it, you know? I needed one of those at most. I don't need those 5 minutes. Which I think they did about 10 of those between the 2 seasons. Almost an hour of "yeah, got it, don't care, hey she's cute blonde".

The over the top jewyness is hillarious because of how intentionally over the top it is. Astrid best supporting actress for 2019. lol, Astrid.

The show will wander into eyeroll territory every now and then. But it never stays there for long enough to become annoying. And even in those uncommon moments where I just stop listening the entire thing is gorgeous.

I was worried they were going to hit the reset button on season 3. I'm not sure that what they did is actually better... but I guess we'll find out in december. Season 1 and 2 were marvelous, so there's no reason to assume season 3 will be less. Lenny Bruce actually performed that song. I wasn't sure if they'd written it (would have been lame) or re-enacted a real routine he did (which is awesome).

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Just started watching this, it's pretty entertaining. It's well cast.. mrs maisel is killing it, and her parents and susie are also hilarious.

I've definitely got a crush on Mrs. Maisel, she's got the looks and the spunk, but the parental interactions and Susie are definitely the spotlight.

The costumes/sets/environment feels even more authentic than Mad Men.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
You know how I know I'm old. I think Mother Maisel is actually prettier. And Mrs. Maisel is awful pretty.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I mean the mom isn't bad at all for her age, but daughter Maisel is smoking and was born to wear those 1950's dresses. Mommy Maisel shined during her little trip to Paris.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I admit I only watched this because my wife wanted to watch it as it's about a Jewish girl from NY (my wife is a Jewish girl from NY). I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. The cast and writing are both top notch. And that one shot of her tits was money. I looked her up and realized I knew her from House of Cards.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database