<Banned>
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 2 Votes
Title: The Matrix (1999)

Tagline: Welcome to the Real World.

Genre: Action, Science Fiction

Director: Lana Wachowski, Lilly Wachowski

Release: 1999-03-30

Runtime: 136

Plot: Set in the 22nd century, The Matrix tells the story of a computer hacker who joins a group of underground insurgents fighting the vast and powerful computers who now rule the earth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

Question: Neo & Trinity are busting into the building to save Morpheus. Lots of regular security guards there, etc. They kill a bunch of them. What happens to the security guards? Do they die in their little pods in the real world and then get flushed down the drain?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yes. It was explained and we were literally shown very clearly that if you die in the matrix you die IRL.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Actually, didn't Morpheus say that the dead were liquified and fed to the living? So why would they get flushed?

And why did Neo get flushed if that were the case? Did he lack high nutritional value?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
nobody got flushed. Neo was a "dead battery" so they removed him from the program and launched him down a tube to basically a compost heap to gooify and they wanted to replace the battery like you would in a flashlight

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
there are a fuck ton of plot holes in "the matrix." it's not the deepest, most intriguing script ever written. it's just a solid movie with a pretty cool premise. doesn't need to be looked at with a magnifying glass.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
i thought the Matrix flushed down bunch of people (others get liquified?) when they "woke up" because it had to do something with Zion and Zion acted as some kind of stable boundary between the Matrix and the Reality. (Every time they did a recycle, Machines allow for new zion or some shit?) Flaws and weakness in the system is the most preferable to human psych and whatnot. So I guess it would be in the best interest of Machines to flush down the awakened ones? Fuck, I am high. better watch it again...

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Fuck, I am high. better watch it again...
Watched it yesterday for first time in probably a decade. It aged extremely well. The first Trinity "rotating camera" kick still looked pretty cool, and there's still the couple of cringe-worthy moments when Neo "flexes" his muscles, and when he flies off at the end. The entire rescue of Morpheus sequence is still incredibly fucking awesome.

iannis

Musty Nester
Not surprising. The Matrix and Dark City come paired in my mind. The Matrix is the brighter techy version. Dark City is the darker mystical version. They're both basically the same story. It's a fun story, and both are well done.

if Aychamo wrote the movie, the girl in the red dress would be Anne Frank.

ij9123a.jpg

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database