The Matrix Resurrections (2021)

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
1.76 star(s) Rating: 1.76/5 25 Votes
Title: Matrix (2021)

Genre: Action, Science Fiction, Adventure

Director: Lana Wachowski

Cast: Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss, Lambert Wilson, Brian J. Smith, Jessica Henwick, Neil Patrick Harris, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Jada Pinkett Smith, Daniel Bernhardt, Jonathan Groff, Toby Onwumere, Eréndira Ibarra, Priyanka Chopra, Andrew Lewis Caldwell, Max Riemelt, Ellen Hollman

Release: 2021-12-22

Plot: The fourth installment in The Matrix franchise. Plot unknown.

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
not like this GIF

• 8Worf
  • 5Like
  • 4Solidarity
Reactions: 16 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Keanu is in his second prime, so I have some hope. Wachowski's just keep getting more and more stupid, however. Wait, only one of them is directing? And writers who have had like 1 or 2 things credited to them, both Wachowski TV episodes... well, so much for all that.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Carrie-Anne Moss still fat as fuck with 90 year old lady hands?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Awkward but for some reason still sexy old lady lesbianism. There's a younger ish looking lady cast that I assume is basically young Trinity. But with a stronger jawline. Expected from the modern desexualizing of women.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Wait, only one of them is directing?

Few things on that

- Hugo Weaving read the Matrix 4 script with Keanu and Moss together
- Hugo Weaving and Lana agreed on money for Matrix 4
- Hugo Weaving scheduled dates for Matrix 4 shoots

Then Lana randomly decided it "wasn't going to work" out of the blue, unilaterally by herself, after already agreeing on the details. No further discussion about shooting dates was offered, just a cold call BOOP SORRY CLICK. Smells like a control-freak SJW type panic attack of some kind-- and pretty much set the tone for the production of this movie. I think you can draw your own conclusions on why only one Wachowski is directing from there.

“I thought we could have done my scenes in May, June and July; and we talked about money and we talked about — they were negotiating. And we were all pretty much sorted and agreed on dates and it was all fine, but then Lana decided she didn’t think it was going to work. So, she pulled the plug on the negotiations. That’s where it ended up.

"pulled the plug" and "that's where it ended up" lol

She couldn't handle the fact there was this cis guy that wasn't at her beck and call. Unprofessional.

Last edited:
  • 1Garbage
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Few things on that

- Hugo Weaving read the Matrix 4 script with Keanu and Moss together
- Hugo Weaving and Lana agreed on money for Matrix 4
- Hugo Weaving scheduled dates for Matrix 4 shoots

Then Lana randomly decided it "wasn't going to work" out of the blue, unilaterally by herself, after already agreeing on the details. No further discussion about shooting dates was offered, just a cold call BOOP SORRY CLICK. Smells like a control-freak SJW type panic attack of some kind-- and pretty much set the tone for the production of this movie. I think you can draw your own conclusions on why only one Wachowski is directing from there.

"pulled the plug" and "that's where it ended up" lol

She couldn't handle the fact there was this cis guy that wasn't at her beck and call. Unprofessional.
are the wachowskis bankable anymore.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
are the wachowskis bankable anymore.

I'm not sure. Blindsiding original cast members that are confirmed to be a major part of the script just seems like bad business.

1611821516220.png

Weaving confirmed he was set to play Agent Smith, and was an integral part of the story for Matrix 4.

Lana won't comment. The shit already stinks.

• 1Like

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think it's time for your country to remove any tax breaks and such for sequel / prequel movies.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wow... I've been living under a rock. I had no idea both the Wachowski brothers were now sisters. What are the chances of that happening?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wow... I've been living under a rock. I had no idea both the Wachowski brothers were now sisters. What are the chances of that happening?
They are still brothers, they just want us to call them sisters.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Safe to assume the plot of this movie is Neo's resurrection? Gotta keep following that Jesus narrative!

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Dumping Hugo Weaving just like that . . . there's probably more to it.

I hope the story behind it comes out, my guess: he probably questioned or expressed doubt over a part of the script he shouldn't of, and Lana got triggered.

This movie will be . . . ( I already put a "dumpster fire" picture in the 007 thread ) . . . so something along those lines.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean do any of you really have high expectations for this? First movie is amazing, 2nd one was up and down, but had some cool scenes, 3rd one was almost entirely trash.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, I mean, this is about like Dumb & Dumber from Game of Thrones announcing a 9th season. There's no reason to get excited at all.

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i mean what more needs to be said? they had a mind blowing end to the second movie and then totally ditched the matrix within the matrix idea in the finale. i dunno if they didnt know how to make that angle work for them, they didnt have the budget or they decided that Neo sitting at a train station for a half hour was a more interesting concept.

i still wonder what could have been.

Cybsled

From what I read earlier, they still plan to keep The Matrix: Online as canon (or at least parts of it). Taking a look at the old wikis, Trinity and Neo were part of some machine hatched plan to code DNA into machine code or something and had something to do with some biological interface stuff to explain why Neo could control machines in the real world. Also transferring programs to biological bodies (kind of like what Agent Smith did in the 2nd movie?)

So I am guessing that plays a role in why Trinity is back

Smith virus was also in Matrix: Online and wasn't resolved, so that would explain why they may have planned to bring him back. I never really played the game, but I do recall they killed Morpheus off, so that helps explain why he isn't in the new movies.

• 1Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database