Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 6 Votes
Title: The Menu (2022)

Tagline: Taste. Savor. Relish.

Genre: Horror, Comedy

Director: Mark Mylod

Cast: Anya Taylor-Joy, Ralph Fiennes, Nicholas Hoult, Hong Chau, John Leguizamo, Judith Light, Rob Yang, Reed Birney, Janet McTeer, Aimee Carrero, Paul Adelstein, Arturo Castro, Mark St. Cyr, Rebecca Koon, Peter Grosz, Christina Brucato

Release: 2022-11-18

Plot: A young couple travels to a coastal island to eat at an exclusive restaurant where the chef has prepared a lavish menu, with some shocking surprises.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Funniest part was John Leguizamo's assistant asking to be let go and the response "did you go to college? Did you use financial aid?" to determine she deserved to die :rolleyes:

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
best part of the movie is when they all see their tortillas, that got me good
solid like 3.75/5

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Nice, I kinda wanted to see this, gonna load it up today. The main actress in this is really cute, probably gonna be the next Margot Robbie who is cast in Everything whether we like it or not.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Nice, I kinda wanted to see this, gonna load it up today. The main actress in this is really cute, probably gonna be the next Margot Robbie who is cast in Everything whether we like it or not.
Shes weird looking and is already in everything. And I dont like it.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I fought my buddy on this, who had Menu or Glass Onion as options he was looking at seeing in theaters. I dug in hard saying Menu won't be a blip while Onion could be discussed and might get more mentions in the same way Knives Out was. I said Onion has to deliver they paid an insane amount of money for it.

As the weeks have gone by since, I'm leaning toward Menu being more "must see" than Onion.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I liked it, it was good, laughed a few times, etc etc.

But I would have liked it to really go fucking crazy. I wanted the second half to turn in to 100 Days of Sodom. I wanted the gates of damnation to open up. I was looking for the kind of energy that A Serbian Film brought to the table.

But I still really liked it. It was nice to see Se7en get a remake for the modern age.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Brother and I saw it last night on HBO. It wasn't bad. Decent little movie if you have HBO already.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That was different.

I was expecting cannibalism at any point as the main dish. There were some moments that had me laughing with Nicholas Hoult as Tyler. Its not great but it is not bad either.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
That was different.

I was expecting cannibalism at any point as the main dish. There were some moments that had me laughing with Nicholas Hoult as Tyler. Its not great but it is not bad either.
... with the movie title this is my expectation too, disappointed it doesn't sound like that's the case but still going to watch.

Needless

Toe Sucker

But I would have liked it to really go fucking crazy. I wanted the second half to turn in to 100 Days of Sodom. I wanted the gates of damnation to open up. I was looking for the kind of energy that A Serbian Film brought to the table.

But I still really liked it. It was nice to see Se7en get a remake for the modern age.
you deranged man lmao

• 1Worf

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I thought it started off ok but it gradually lost my interest.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Shes weird looking and is already in everything. And I dont like it.

I think she's cute from a normal person perspective, but from a Hollyweird perspective she is indeed odd. Considering how she gets cast in everything like Margot (which is, funnily enough, her name in this movie), I wonder if she's in with the Epstein crowd. Kinda sad that if a woman is overly/inexplicably successful in modern Hollywood, I go straight to "part of the Epstein crowd" to explain it.

The movie also takes place on an island that rich people go to for "experiences" so...

It did kinda have a little bit in common with Se7en didn't it? Everyone had sinned in one way or another, but I don't know if the punishments echoed the sins like they did in that movie.

Yeah, this movie was good, and I enjoyed it. A lot more than Black Adam, which is the other movie I watched this week.

Ending spoiler:
I especially liked the ending when she's sitting on the boat in a jacket and that slinky dress with her legs out, eating a cheeseburger while the island explodes. That was pretty sexy

• 1Picard
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database