faille

Molten Core Raider
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Mighty Ducks: Game Changers

Genre: Family, Comedy

First aired: 2021-03-26

Creator: Steven Brill, Josh Goldsmith, Cathy Yuspa

Cast: Lauren Graham, Emilio Estevez, Brady Noon

Overview: In present day Minnesota, the Mighty Ducks have evolved from scrappy underdogs to an ultra-competitive, powerhouse youth hockey team. After 12-year-old Evan is unceremoniously cut from the Ducks, he and his mom Alex set out to build their own ragtag team of misfits to challenge the cutthroat, win-at-all-costs culture of competitive youth sports.

faille

Molten Core Raider

The latest sequel / reboot thingy.
I'm sure the mouse knows how to hit all the right notes and tones for an underdog story, but I'm still hoping for something a little more interesting, ala Cobra Kai

Mrs. Haus

Angry Redhead
<Bronze Donator>

The latest sequel / reboot thingy.
I'm sure the mouse knows how to hit all the right notes and tones for an underdog story, but I'm still hoping for something a little more interesting, ala Cobra Kai
The Mighty Ducks were one of my fav movies as a kid. I, for one, do not have faith in current Disney to make this even decent. I'm also so over remakes, reboots and sequels nobody asked for 20+years later. The only interesting thing about it to me is the Letterkenny dude being in it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
tenor (6).gif

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
You know what was "gay" when this movie came out.
May have been the NJ hockey players only but we made fun of this for months.

Mrs. Haus

Angry Redhead
<Bronze Donator>
You know what was "gay" when this movie came out.
May have been the NJ hockey players only but we made fun of this for months.
Ironic you say that, since the kid who played the really good player (the one the Ducks forced to play for them because of the district lines) actually was groomed by the pedos that Bryan Singer ran with. In turn, as he aged, he helped them abuse and exploit other kids. Even though Mighty Ducks was one of my fav movies as a kid, I've never been able to rewatch it since I saw that Open Secret documentary.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
This would never happen but I'd love to see an alternate ending to this kind of movie where after the rag tag group of kids work their ass off all season and get to the championship game they get absolutely destroyed by the reigning champs and then say, 'What did you think you could overcome the athleticism and years of experience we have with your diverse collection of losers just because you were virtuous and worked kinda hard in a training montage?'

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Ironic you say that, since the kid who played the really good player (the one the Ducks forced to play for them because of the district lines) actually was groomed by the pedos that Bryan Singer ran with. In turn, as he aged, he helped them abuse and exploit other kids. Even though Mighty Ducks was one of my fav movies as a kid, I've never been able to rewatch it since I saw that Open Secret documentary.
Ironic how? Sucks that happened but it had entirely different connotation back then but "that was so gay" and 'you fag" was literally said by everyone I knew late 80's early 90s.

Mrs. Haus

Angry Redhead
<Bronze Donator>
Ironic how? Sucks that happened but it had entirely different connotation back then but "that was so gay" and 'you fag" was literally said by everyone I knew late 80's early 90s.
Instead of ironic, I should have just said "speaking of gay..." And yeah I grew up in the 90's so I remember.

Kulgan

Molten Core Raider
This would never happen but I'd love to see an alternate ending to this kind of movie where after the rag tag group of kids work their ass off all season and get to the championship game they get absolutely destroyed by the reigning champs and then say, 'What did you think you could overcome the athleticism and years of experience we have with your diverse collection of losers just because you were virtuous and worked kinda hard in a training montage?'
Bring it On pretty much did this...

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Oh and Refs being so sick of teams doing the “flying V” they would call offsides as soon as three people started the formation or even mentioning it.

We would be mid face off and some one would yell something about a flying V or start slapping their stick saying quack that would crack up a large portion of the team allowing for a quick break away goal, happened on both sides.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
MV5BOTMzYTZlNTUtOGM0Ny00MDdlLTk1YjAtNzFiMDE3ODI3ZGU5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTEzMTI1Mjk3._V1_UX182_CR0...jpg

After failing to make the cut to join the now powerhouse Mighty Ducks junior hockey team, 12-year-old Evan's mother encourages him to form a new team of underdogs with help from Gordon Bombay, the Ducks' original coach.
This one isn't even on The MovieDB website yet. Just wanted to comment on how bankrupt Hollywood is.

Fuckin' Gilmore girl has gotten old, and I guess Emilio Estevez needed a paycheck?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is there any citation for this or do I have to sit down and watch the documentary? The wiki article about the documentary doesn't mention Vincent Larusso at all, although it does mention Singer.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
First episode of season 2 dropped today. Season 1 was fun, lets hope it continues even without Estevez.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database