The Munsters

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 2 Votes
Title: The Munsters

Genre: Comedy, Fantasy

Director: Rob Zombie

Cast: Jeff Daniel Phillips, Sheri Moon Zombie, Daniel Roebuck, Jorge Garcia, Richard Brake, Cassandra Peterson, Sylvester McCoy, Dee Wallace, Catherine Schell, Tomas Boykin, Roderick Hill

Plot: Reboot of "The Munsters", the 1960s sitcom that followed a family of monsters who move from Transylvania to an American suburb.

Sevens

Log Wizard
Havent seen a Rob Zombie movie I have liked yet.
Will wait to see some stuff from this, I want to like it (loved the TV show) but still nervous.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Rob Zombie makes absolute trash, but i wont brand this as not worth its own thread til i see the trailer.

• 2Like

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I love me some White Zombie and dig Rob’s art, but I’m not of a fan of his movies.

However I might be persuaded to watch this if he gets twisted with it.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I love me some White Zombie and dig Rob’s art, but I’m not of a fan of his movies.

However I might be persuaded to watch this if he gets twisted with it.
supposedly this is going to be a family friendly funny film. no redneck incest rape fantasy or ultra gore. probably still lots of instagram grainy black and white filters used. his music videos worked so well, but you cant do a full length feature with that shit. or you shouldnt try to. the trailer is whats going to make or break this.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That looked bad. That in no way made me think I would want to watch this.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I don't understand what this is. Back in the late 1990s to the early 2000s there were a bunch of adaptations of old boomer TV shows but we're well past that. It doesn't look like some sort of bizarre reinterpretation of the original show either. Did he just love the show as a kid and want to do another Return to Mayberry-esque TV movie?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I don't understand what this is. Back in the late 1990s to the early 2000s there were a bunch of adaptations of old boomer TV shows but we're well past that. It doesn't look like some sort of bizarre reinterpretation of the original show either. Did he just love the show as a kid and want to do another Return to Mayberry-esque TV movie?
they made a few Munster reboot things in the 90s. they also tried in the 70s. none of them worked out well. not sure why Zombie is bothering except this might be a passion project for him or he's just desperate to stay relevant. relevant by trying to rez a 60 year old franchise.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This is from the man that used the Munster Koach in his Dragula video instead of the actual Dragula, a different car from the same show!

Rob Zombie is a fucking liar; I bet his last name isn't even really Zombie.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The biggest hurdle any Munster Show faces is recasting Herman and Grandpa. Fred Gwyn and Al Lewis were amazingly good comedic actors who had already perfected working together in the Car 54 Series. I don't think there are any actors since that can replicate that dynamic, either individually or collectively. Gwynn in particular has a unique style and charisma that I do not think anyone else can emulate.

• 4Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i think they screwed up the whimsy in that trailer. they need to tone down the silly, not bring up the horror, just knock it back a notch. herman was way goofy and grampa seemed off. i guess i also didnt like that they copied step by step of the original intro when they should be changing it up. and yeah its going to be hard replacing Fred Gwynne, his mannerisms were his signature. even as an old man in My Cousin Vinny, you can see thats Herman Munster.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Fred Gwynne is a huge part of why Pet Sematary managed to be so memorable. The dude is just doing work every scene he's in and then he has that fucking horrible death at the end when you really like the guy.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Dude just has a massive 50s/60s horror movie/show fetish and can apparently convince studios to burn money. He's been dumping out trash fires for over a decade, but keeps getting funding somehow. Or not, if the relative quality of the teaser is any indication.

Love the dude's music (well, mostly the older stuff) but trying to get into any of his non-music stuff is just difficult. Like I understand what he was doing with House of 1000 Corpses and Devil's Rejects ( I can't even remember if I watched 3 From Hell... maybe?) but they're just really not enjoyable watches, and his wife is fucking terrible aside from being easy on the eyes to a degree. Dude's living his dream though, so good on him.

• 2Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
but they're just really not enjoyable watches

Although I agree neither are any fun I still really, really like how The Devil's Rejects was able to start out with some genuinely awful human beings and somehow manage to make them sympathetic as they're hunted by the brother of the cop they murdered in the first film.

Haven't seen the third film, don't really care enough to track it down.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Dude just has a massive 50s/60s horror movie/show fetish and can apparently convince studios to burn money. He's been dumping out trash fires for over a decade, but keeps getting funding somehow. Or not, if the relative quality of the teaser is any indication.

Love the dude's music (well, mostly the older stuff) but trying to get into any of his non-music stuff is just difficult. Like I understand what he was doing with House of 1000 Corpses and Devil's Rejects ( I can't even remember if I watched 3 From Hell... maybe?) but they're just really not enjoyable watches, and his wife is fucking terrible aside from being easy on the eyes to a degree. Dude's living his dream though, so good on him.
House of 1k corpses had some inspired cinematic moments, his bitch wife though is just a boat anchor to his films. At least Clint Eastwood made sure his wife didnt ruin his films.

• 1Like

Jive Turkey

Karen
They all just look like they're doing bad impressions of the original actors. Herman in particular looks like he's just imitating the facial expressions without actually understanding what they were

• 2Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database