The Musketeers

TheRake_sl

shitlord
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Musketeers

Genre: Drama, Action & Adventure

First aired: 2014-01-19

Creator: Adrian Hodges

Cast: Luke Pasqualino, Santiago Cabrera, Tom Burke, Howard Charles, Ryan Gage, Hugo Speer, Alexandra Dowling, Maimie McCoy, Tamla Kari, Rupert Everett

Overview: Set in 17th century Paris, musketeers Athos, Porthos, Aramis and D'Artagnan are members of an elite band of soldiers who fight for what is just. They are heroes in the truest and most abiding sense – men that can be trusted and believed in to do the right thing, regardless of personal risk.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Interesting having the 12th doctor in here as well. Looks good, will check it out.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I wish I got BBC1
frown.png

Karloff_sl

shitlord
Two episodes in and so far so good. Whoever is the set designer does a fantastic job in the sets and picking locations.

Took me a bit to figure out who Aramis was since he was the only recognizable character and that's only because Merlin is still fresh in my mind. Only semi-complaint so far is that the women in the show are a bit lacking but can't always have anything.

Radge_sl

shitlord
Its excellent, with surprisingly fantastic production values. It does take a few episodes to jump from "average" to "excellent" though. Its definitely not a traditional take on the Three Musketeers story though. Its a strange meld of classical swashbuckling 17th century France and spaghetti westerns. The heroes often wear stylized cowboy hats and dusters, and there is a surprisingly large amount of gun-fights (seriously, they must carry like a dozen hand-loaded pistols on them at all times).

BBC has been very pleased with it so far and are making it one of its flagship shows. Seasons of it will air in-between Doctor Who seasons. It is available at all the traditional torrent sites.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm gonna have to check this one out. I'm also going to have to go back and re-watch Disney's 1993 feature film. That movie was a goddamn masterpiece. An Oliver Platt and Tim Curry masterpiece.

Soriak_sl

shitlord
I'm 3 episodes in and the show is growing on me. The potential for intrigues is pretty awesome, but the plot so far has been rather predictable and it's annoying when the characters don't see through it.

Here, d'Artagnane, take the map with our secret plan to kill the king and go get some wine. wtf?

Oh, it's d'Artagnane's blood. They must have realized he's with us. But it's ok, because just minutes before we got the secret plan from him. They couldn't have known back then, so there's no way this is a decoy!

I hope there'll be a little more suspense going forward.

Karloff_sl

shitlord
Ehh somewhat, few of the episodes turn into fight fests but the last two episodes really hit high notes.

I'm happy to see that it will be back.

Fury

Silver Knight of the Realm
Little necro here - The season ended a couple of days ago on BBC America. Wife and I thought it was top notch! Really pleased with the cast as a whole, although D'Artnagan doesn't quite click to me and Lady de Winter bugs my wife. The Cardinal and Athos are spot on. Having the King being both a weak and strong leader gives it an interesting twist.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database