The New Mutants (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
1.75 star(s) Rating: 1.75/5 4 Votes
Title: The New Mutants

Genre: Action, Adventure, Horror, Science Fiction

Director: Josh Boone

Cast: Anya Taylor-Joy, Maisie Williams, Charlie Heaton, Blu Hunt, Henry Zaga, Alice Braga, Happy Anderson, Thomas Kee, Mickey Gilmore

Release: 2019-02-20

Plot: The story of the New Mutants, a team of mutant heroes comprised of the first graduates from Charles Xavier's school.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
[CONTAINER][POSTER]
5AI4Y7KUTG2WDyuBsqeClLTind5.jpg
[/POSTER][MOVIE]Title: The New Mutants (2018)

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Horror[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Josh Boone[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Anya Taylor-Joy[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Maisie Williams[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Charlie Heaton[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Blu Hunt[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Henry Zaga[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Alice Braga[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Happy Anderson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Mickey Gilmore[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2018-04-04[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: The story of the New Mutants, a team of mutant heroes comprised of the first graduates from Charles Xavier's school.[/MOVIE][/CONTAINER]

Sooo this is in production now at Fox. They got Josh Boone to direct and write the script. I was a huge New Mutants fan when I read comics faithfully and have the full 1-100 run sitting in storage. I just hope they get the characters right, Warlock alone could be the next Groot if done well. But I at least expect to see Cable, Cannonball, Sunspot, and hopefully Domino. Also it could be a female heavy team as well with Magik, Karma, Magma, and Wolfsbane.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
5AI4Y7KUTG2WDyuBsqeClLTind5.jpg

Title: The New Mutants

Genre: Action, Adventure, Horror, Science Fiction

Director: Josh Boone

Cast: Anya Taylor-Joy, Maisie Williams, Charlie Heaton, Blu Hunt, Henry Zaga, Alice Braga, Happy Anderson, Thomas Kee, Mickey Gilmore

Release: 2019-02-20

Plot: The story of the New Mutants, a team of mutant heroes comprised of the first graduates from Charles Xavier's school.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Cable being my favorite character I hope they get him right. Also future cable tie in to Deadpool movies.

Also I vote for x-cutioners song at some point.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Take this for what its worth...

I was at a comic book store in down town Vancouver a few weeks ago. One of the employees was talking to another and said the following. "He remember that reading I was going to last night? looks like it was for a new untitled xmen flick. The names were wrong but one was character was obviously Jubilee and the other was Canonball"

It would be very cool to see a new mutants movie, but I thought I saw a photo of a jubilee in the new Xmen movie.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sooo this is in production now at Fox. They got Josh Boone to direct and write the script. I was a huge New Mutants fan when I read comics faithfully and have the full 1-100 run sitting in storage. I just hope they get the characters right, Warlock alone could be the next Groot if done well. But I at least expect to see Cable, Cannonball, Sunspot, and hopefully Domino. Also it could be a female heavy team as well with Magik, Karma, Magma, and Wolfsbane.
I think im still missing a few, Need to go see what i'm missing and go track them down. Basically the only comic series I care about enough to do that.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Looks fantastic. I really like that they're trying something new by taking super heroes into the horror genre.

• 1Direct to DVD
Reactions: 1 user

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I love the old school scratch logo. This is based on the Demon Bear Saga? I think I read that. Too lazy to Google it right now.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Looks fantastic. I really like that they're trying something new by taking super heroes into the horror genre.
well Legion already did. But, yeah, this does seem to be stepping it up.

baffling its taken this long to branch out. And DC.. just whatever the fuck they are doing... when they OWN properties like hellblazer, sandman, house of Mystery, etc.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I feel like you could do an awesome Sandman series in the vein of Animatrix, each segment being done by different studios. Even different voice actors sometimes, considering. That would be fantastic. Sandman movie though? No way they pull that off.

Caliane

nah, just be like Lucifer->buddy cop tv show... Sandman, now that is clearly a schlub family sitcom. 8 is enough, with the Endless.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I'm so fucking confused by that trailer. What is even going on in this movie? There are mutants, presumably with powers, but also there are spooky ghosts? The fuck did I even just watch.

• 1Solidarity

Caliane

I'm so fucking confused by that trailer. What is even going on in this movie? There are mutants, presumably with powers, but also there are spooky ghosts? The fuck did I even just watch.
yes. X-men often have mutant powers that unlock supernatural powers, etc.
Illyana, Colossus sister, was taken to hell. and, became a demon.
Scarlett witch is a mutant, with magic as her power.

• 1Picard

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm assuming all the spoopy skellies are from one mutant but who knows. It's so abstract from what we're used to seeing with X-Men or even Superhero stuff it's hard to say what direction they went. It's refreshing but at the same time I like to see mutants doing mutant stuff like kicking ass.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've seen bits of adverts; thought it was a CW show. shit man; a movie? finger's on the pass trigger.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It sounds interesting, it's a unique approach to comic book movies. I think Fox is taking a page from Marvel here...create a genre movie, that just happen to have super-heroes in it.

I'm certainly intrigued...and with Magick as character, horror can definitely work with her connection with Limbo, and Belasco.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database