The Newsroom

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I would have tolerated the totally stupid romance story line much more had they not named the character Jim Harper or had they just cast John Krasinski for the role and gone with Halpert. Both of those would have been better than what they settled on.

I complained enough about that over on FOH but it seriously bugs me more than anything else about the show. I don't think the show overall is very good but it could become good with better writing. The acting is all pretty decent.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Starts again July 14

They showed a two or three minute behind the scenes blurb before (or maybe after, I forget) Game of Thrones last night indicating that the non-news storyline will be singular this season and not multiple arcs if that makes sense.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Best part is how Jim moves away from the office because he can't be around Pam...er I mean Maggie...any longer!

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah to cover the Romney campaign... which is interesting. If it's the primary that's fine, but if its post-primary then they are making a very big leap in time and potentially skipping a bunch of news stories to cover.

Binkles_sl

shitlord
I want to like it, but it comes off too much as hindsight Nostradamus-douching about events than an interesting critique on the current state of news. The dialogue is okay, but speech sounds more intelligent given the alacrity of their cadence. The interoffice romances are just terrible and contrived. All this, and I'll still watch it because it's better than most TV.