The Norm Macdonald Channel

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
http://www.youtube.com/NormMacdonald

The Video Podcast Network just announced on Twitter the launch of a new show hosted by Norm Macdonald that will debut next week. Aptly titled Norm Macdonald Live, the show will debut streaming on the Video Pocast Network this Monday, March 25th, at 6PM PST. Macdonald's guest on that first show will be Super Dave Osborne. Macdonald shot a TBS pilot for a show inspired by the day's pop culture and social media called Norm Macdonald Is Trending last year, but the network picked up Pete Holmes's late night talk show for the post-Conan slot instead. His last regular TV gig was in 2011, hosting Sports Show with Norm Macdonald, which was canceled by Comedy Central after one season. Started in January, the Video Podcast Network releases live episodes of shows like Comedy Bang Bang, How Did This Get Made?, and The Adam Carolla Show each week. There's no word on how often VPN will be releasing new episodes of Norm Macdonald Live, but hopefully, it'll be every week since it's a wonder why the guy wasn't given a podcast four years ago as he is practically built for podcasting.
http://splitsider.com/2013/03/norm-m...dcast-network/

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
Holy shit Super Dave! I didn't even know he was still alive.

edit: Oh man, I am only 10 mins in and loving it. I have missed me some Norm.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Super Dave has been in other stuff, such as Marty Funkhouser in Curb your Enthusiasm and Linus' dad in Ocean's 13.. I always kind of smirk when I realize where I knew him from.

iannis

Musty Nester
That was extremely morning talkshow radio.

Super dave kinda has a point. WTF are you doing, norm.

I still like norm. But damn.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Some trivia(dunno if they mention it, only watched the first few minutes so far). Super Dave's real name is Bob Einstein. He is the real life brother of Albert Brooks. Albert Brooks real name is Albert Einstein, no shit.

As for what Norm is doing, the guy has tried TV. Over and over. Shit ain't happening. But he's funny as hell and Podcasts are easy to make. A few people(Adam Carolla, Chris Hardwick etc) have shown you can actually make bank through them. Why the fuck not give it a try? Comedians make the best podcasts.

I think talk show hosts should just pool a bunch of money to give to Norm and just take turns having him as guest in a rotation. But I guess that's not a real job. So let the guy make his money where he can. Could be worse, he could bevoicing a vampire dog......again.

edit: Norm explaining every single reference and Super Dave getting so frustrated is fuckin' killing me.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
HAHAHA, Norm is one of my top 3 all time comics. His stand up is so-so, but he is hands down the best interviewee I've ever seen. Some of his old Letterman, Dennis Miller clips are brilliant.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just finished watching it. Hilarious. Especially the entire last segment with the jokes off the cards. Super Dave was amazing start to finish.

Seriously though, I was laughing harder at the Jokes segment than just about anything I've seen or heard in a long time.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Same, Super Dave was terrific. The "fall guy" wasn't very good, but I guess every show needs one.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
This was really good. I lost it when they get to the jokes segment (~45min?). Norm jokes are always hilarious

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
"Some gold plated chains would make a nice retirement gift for a very very good slave". I nearly pissed myself.

I fucking loved his Sports Show, and was really sad it got cancelled. Norm is the perfect deadpan comedian, and I'm very happy he has another outlet.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
New episode with Kevin Nealon. Really funny at the beginning, then kinda drops off, though the scattered SNL talk is semi interesting. Also, Super Dave is not funny