The Northman (2022)

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
4.33 star(s) Rating: 4.33/5 9 Votes
Title: The Northman (2022)

Genre: Action, Adventure, Thriller

Director: Robert Eggers

Cast: Alexander Skarsgård, Anya Taylor-Joy, Nicole Kidman, Ethan Hawke, Willem Dafoe, Björk, Claes Bang, Ralph Ineson, Kate Dickie, Gustav Lindh, Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson, Murray McArthur, Ian Gerard Whyte, James Yates, Olwen Fouéré, Edgar Abram, Rebecca Ineson, Eric Higgins, Kevin Horsham, Jack Gassmann, Tadhg Murphy, Ingvar E. Sigurðsson, Elliott Rose, Jonas Lorentzen, Ísadóra Bjarkardóttir Barney, Jon Campling, Magne Osnes, James Harper-Jones, Katie Pattinson, Luca Evans, Seamus O'Hara, Chris Finlayson, Scott Sinclair, Gareth Parker

Release: 2022-04-06

Plot: The Northman is an epic revenge thriller, that explores how far a Viking prince will go to seek justice for his murdered father.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
God I hope Eggers goes 3 for 3

Dammit Bisi don't jinx it

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Well the witch and lighthouse are empty artifice. Dude don't know shit about story.

• 2Dislike
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 2 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This looks good, but where are all the POC Vikings?!

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Nice, the long-anticipated origin story of Eric Northman from True Blood.

• 10Like
  • 7Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 18 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Holy shit i remember having to watch that shitty show with an ex and he was a viking lol

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
where are all the POC Vikings?!

Same place the original Mexicans went after the Aztecs got there.

OIP.rav5Z64CDGwMYwvt-buz1gHaEK

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
There must be a glitch in the timeline, no POCs in a movie thats about the culture/history of white people in 2022?!

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
There must be a glitch in the timeline, no POCs in a movie thats about the culture/history of white people in 2022?!
The Vikings took slaves and traveled all around the mediterranean, north africa and turkey; seems like a missed opportunity to have at least one glistening shirtless black man.

Maybe Djimon Honsou is too old to reprise his role from doing that in Gladiator.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Vikings took slaves and traveled all around the mediterranean, north africa and turkey; seems like a missed opportunity to have at least one glistening shirtless black man.

Maybe Djimon Honsou is too old to reprise his role from doing that in Gladiator.
Guardians Of The Galaxy GIF

• 13Worf
  • 6Like
Reactions: 18 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, we are gonna' see this one in the theater.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Looks cool. And hey, a piece of viking media where it looks like someone actually did some research for the costuming and aesthetics; no biker leather, and not an undercut hairstyle in sight. I even saw some characters wearing clothing with color in them.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Looks like Viking John Wick without the action. Not sure I'm completely into that. I'll probably watch this, but honestly the trailer seemed more drama than anything which can be meh.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I love the ability to ignore the vikings where pretty savage rapers and pillagers and instead focus on a tenuous at best connection to nazis.
Looks like Viking John Wick without the action. Not sure I'm completely into that. I'll probably watch this, but honestly the trailer seemed more drama than anything which can be meh.
This movie has me sold on the simple fact its about vikings and appears all white in 2022.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database