The Old Man

spronk

FPS noob
2.00 star(s) Rating: 2.00/5 3 Votes
Title: The Old Man

Genre: Action & Adventure, Drama

First aired: 2022-06-16

Creator: Jonathan E. Steinberg, Robert Levine

Cast: Jeff Bridges, John Lithgow, Amy Brenneman, Alia Shawkat, Gbenga Akinnagbe, Bill Heck, Kenneth Mitchell, Leem Lubany, E.J. Bonilla

Overview: Dan Chase absconded from the CIA decades ago and now lives off the grid. When an assassin arrives and tries to take Chase out, the old operative learns that to ensure his future he now must reconcile his past.

spronk

FPS noob

Jeff Bridges as old man John Wick? I'm in!

Out 6/16 on Hulu and FX

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Sounds like a Bourne Supremacy remake from that plot summary.

spronk

FPS noob
apparently the creators of Black Sails did this show so thats a huge positive for it

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really like watching Jeff Bridges but this has the strong whiff of something he's done to pay off his medical bills.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
so if this is going to be realistic, I guess the theme would be that he left the CIA, lived off the grid only to come back to the agency and find it obsessed with rainbow flags and hunting conservative people.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
I really like watching Jeff Bridges but this has the strong whiff of something he's done to pay off his medical bills.

3 episodes were shot in 2020, then production halted due to covid, he got cancer in 2021, underwent treatment and they filmed the last 3 episodes in feb 2022. so it does seem to be something he was interested in doing, not just for the money although its hard to tell with him since he's done a LOT of bad projects like RIPD, and Seventh Son. I'm just happy he recovered from the cancer so quickly and was able to keep working, after Spartacus I always feel sad when I hear an actor getting cancer.

This is his first TV show ever so that should be interesting to see, only 6 episodes too which is nice.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I suppose this is going to be drip-feed bullshit on Hulu since it's a FX show?

• 2Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Some of Jeff Bridges efforts the last decade or so are not that good, he can over do that raspy thing sometimes. But he's a still a great actor and he was awesome in the remake of True Grit (still love the original too).

Like what I see here so far. Could be great.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Started watching this, the cast is awesome. Watched both episodes that are out, definitely want to see what happens. The mystery better have a pay off.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, more Banshee than John Wick in the fight department.

A bit slow, but I like it so far.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Watched 1st ep and will keep watching, but the end fight was dumb. He has two trained attack dogs that he let out the car, but waits until he's getting bundled into car to call for help. Then somehow they're able to keep up with the truck to save him however many KM later, lol.

Just goes to show nitpicking bad writing isn't exclusive to Obi-Wan

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Calling it now the FBI girl is his daughter.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, more Banshee than John Wick in the fight department.

A bit slow, but I like it so far.

Welp you've convinced me to watch it! Banshee was top notch brutal entertainment.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database