Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Other Two

Genre: Comedy

First aired: 2019-01-24

Creator: Sarah Schneider, Chris Kelly

Cast: Drew Tarver, Heléne Yorke, Case Walker, Molly Shannon, Ken Marino

Overview: An aspiring actor and his sister Brooke, a former professional dancer, try to find their place in the world while wrestling with their feelings about their 13-year-old brother Chase's sudden rise to internet fame.

Animosity

HBO Max show. Its pretty damn funny. Season two is about to finish up. Anything with Ken Marino is pretty great.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Show is actually really funny. Brook is one of the funnier characters on TV right now I think. A LOT of gay shit with Cary though. Like, a lot a lot. interesting seeing the negatives and the weird shitty side of gay culture most shows won't show though.

Also Ken Marino is the man so he's obviously amazing in it as he is in everything he does.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
This show is amazing. It screams "woke" but actually takes on the under side of the ideology through humor. Brook hating women and Cary wanting to jump into degeneracy with both feet are two really funny, but revealing story lines.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Ive only watched season one so far, but theres literally nothing that is woke or screams woke in this show.

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ive only watched season one so far, but theres literally nothing that is woke or screams woke in this show.
I’m about 4 episodes in and Cary’s dramatic arc is entirely about him being gay. It’s getting pretty overwhelming tbh.

It would’ve been more funny if everyone was trying to capitalize on his “gayness” but Cary himself was actually a regular dude who happens to be gay.

But they just dialed up the “Cary = Gay HAHAHA!” up to 11.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It'd be seen as super offensive now, but I was watching a tabletop type interview from I think 2007 or 2009 from The Office cast, and Oscar Nunez was talking about when they decided his character would be gay.

"I was just playing him as 'normal' so nothing changed."

For some reason Hollywood likes the super flamboyant gay men instead of ones where it's not really their entire personality.

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It'd be seen as super offensive now, but I was watching a tabletop type interview from I think 2007 or 2009 from The Office cast, and Oscar Nunez was talking about when they decided his character would be gay.

"I was just playing him as 'normal' so nothing changed."

For some reason Hollywood likes the super flamboyant gay men instead of ones where it's not really their entire personality.
I just finished my first ever watch of the Office a few weeks ago. Totally forgot Oscar was the "gay guy" on that show tbh. When I think of Oscar I think the "smart guy"

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger

I think you misunderstood.

I had woke in quotes because it sets up a lot of woke premises but doesn't pay them out as expected. Brook and the stupid man who is holding her back that she is too good for? Turns out they were actually good for each other and he is a low key artistic genius. Brook as the powerful, independent woman? She hates it and is lonely. Cary as a gay man who just wants to live a normal life with a nice boy? No, he came out late on life and wants to live a wild, crazy gay life and see lots of dicks. Wanda as the intelligent, fierce, black executive to show the world how it's done? Nope, she is just as shallow and corrupt as any other executive.

So on the surface, if you described the show and its plot to people it seems super woke but in fact it is a hilarious study in the unexplored parts of these tropes. I mean, how funny is it that all the gay dudes talk about not eating so they can have sex? The implication being that buttsex is disgusting and unmanageable if you have to shit, but never explicitly discussed and certainly throws a wet blanket on how casual and normal gay sex is in reality.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database