The "Out Of Control Fire" Thread.

Screamfeeder

Slayer of Kerafyrm
<Donors Crew>
12d 4h 2m
Reactions
9,777 10,680 0 0
This Camp Fire is horrific. 42 confirmed dead, 200 missing, 7000 structures burned in Paradise, California. Has anyone made a "Paradise Lost" joke yet? Because it sounds like it's fucking lost.

This really is awful. Seniors and folks with disabilities just forgotten about and left to burn or taken with friends and family trying to rescue them.

Borzak

Ssraeszha Raider
25d 9h 8m
Reactions
8,732 543 0 0
Maybe I missed it or haven't looked in the right spot has there been any major fundraising for relief or just the too early stage. Also wondered about the people who lost homes where are they putting them short term.

I know after Katrina the biggest thing was the baptist mens or something like that had a few 18 wheelers of mobile hq's they set up that had kitchens, laundramats, and prepacked clothes deals to get you thru a few days. I guess they have enough populated area around there to absorb it.

Sebudai

<Donors Crew>
34d 4h 48m
Reactions
15,856 359 0 0
Hopefully Cali changes its nationwide #1 retarded permitting process and construction red tape so the rebuild can happen quickly, but most likely its faggot politicians just see this as yet another opportunity for grift.

TJT

Adrenaline Junkie
<Donors Crew>
Reactions
34,715 868 0 0
Hopefully Cali changes its nationwide #1 retarded permitting process and construction red tape so the rebuild can happen quickly, but most likely its faggot politicians just see this as yet another opportunity for grift.
Lol. And maybe you can get an economy seat for $500 on the $100BN train from Sacramento to San Jose.

Fire insurance also isn't a thing for those people. If they get any money at all it will be like Houston. FEMA pays out for you even though you built your house on the flood plain.

Cybsled

Vyemm Raider
8d 11h 20m
Reactions
2,708 788 0 0
Fire Insurance is baked into most home insurance policies. They may be priced to the risk, but I doubt they outright exclude fire damage. Fire damage for home/business owners is literally the original P&C product for insurance.

TJT

Adrenaline Junkie
<Donors Crew>
Reactions
34,715 868 0 0
Fire Insurance is baked into most home insurance policies. They may be priced to the risk, but I doubt they outright exclude fire damage. Fire damage for home/business owners is literally the original P&C product for insurance.
Not when it's a direct cause of wild fire in known wild fire territory

Chukzombi

Slayer of Kerafyrm
67d 15h 7m
Reactions
79,110 4,376 0 0
i imagine that once an area is torched to the ground with no tree or brush for miles, you at least have some time before it happens again.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Donor All-Stars>
44d 14h 30m
Reactions
55,488 1,381 0 0

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Donor All-Stars>
44d 14h 30m
Reactions
55,488 1,381 0 0

This really is awful. Seniors and folks with disabilities just forgotten about and left to burn or taken with friends and family trying to rescue them.
yup, approx 25% senior population in paradise, really not much that could have been done with it going so fast.

wife and I are in an area where shit could go down fast overnight and our one road out could easily be cut off, we're gonna order fire rated respirators and nomex headgear, overalls, jackets and blankets in case I get stuck or fuck up my radiator or some shit driving through pastureland and it's fencing to get us out to a paved road. Wanna be geared for maximum survival if we wake up and our garage is already burning or some shit and we have to hoof it. I guess it's a plus we have an acre pond and they are scattered all over. I know my couple overland routes I planned out if our road gets cutoff passes a number of em before we hit road.

Screamfeeder

Slayer of Kerafyrm
<Donors Crew>
12d 4h 2m
Reactions
9,777 10,680 0 0
yup, approx 25% senior population in paradise, really not much that could have been done with it going so fast.

wife and I are in an area where shit could go down fast overnight and our one road out could easily be cut off, we're gonna order fire rated respirators and nomex headgear, overalls, jackets and blankets in case I get stuck or fuck up my radiator or some shit driving through pastureland and it's fencing to get us out to a paved road. Wanna be geared for maximum survival if we wake up and our garage is already burning or some shit and we have to hoof it. I guess it's a plus we have an acre pond and they are scattered all over. I know my couple overland routes I planned out if our road gets cutoff passes a number of em before we hit road.
Bug out my dude. Seriously.

Void

We're America, bitch!
<Donor All-Stars>
18d 6h 56m
Reactions
2,058 273 0 0
I think (hope) he's just talking hypothetically, not that he's actually anywhere near this particular fire. I'd hope that he isn't waiting for the Amazon delivery shitstains to show up before he leaves a dangerous area.

If I'm wrong, then yeah, get the fuck out.

Screamfeeder

Slayer of Kerafyrm
<Donors Crew>
12d 4h 2m
Reactions
9,777 10,680 0 0
Oh yeah I guess I misread his post as a "it's on it's way" kind of thing.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Donor All-Stars>
44d 14h 30m
Reactions
55,488 1,381 0 0
I should have been more clear. There aren't fires near us now, but we're out in rangeland and it could come quick if/when it does. Just wanna be ready at that point.

I have nightmares to waking up to a glow on the hill with the wind blowing our way (which is what I meant when I said 'overnight').

OneofOne

Molten Core Raider
17d 23h 32m
Reactions
858 98 0 0
Turns out one of my sister's oldest friends lost their (rented) house in the fire, and her and her three kids are staying with friends. They got out with some clothes, that was it. They have a GoFundMe, and while I feel like a dick saying it, I just don't trust her with cash (feelsbadman.img). Gonna see what we have lying around from my son.

While the fiance and I are in absolutely no danger, it's made us each pack a bugout bag. Guess you just never know.

Lanx

Aten Ha Ra Slayer
45d 43m
Reactions
27,606 5,488 0 0
Turns out one of my sister's oldest friends lost their (rented) house in the fire, and her and her three kids are staying with friends. They got out with some clothes, that was it. They have a GoFundMe, and while I feel like a dick saying it, I just don't trust her with cash (feelsbadman.img). Gonna see what we have lying around from my son.

While the fiance and I are in absolutely no danger, it's made us each pack a bugout bag. Guess you just never know.
Sounds like her inability with cash saved her from owning a home that would be firewood soon

Lord Nagafen Raider
24d 4h 26m
Reactions
2,985 79 0 0
if she doesn't have renter's insurance her stuff is gone :(