The "Out Of Control Fire" Thread.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
22d 6h 40m
Fucking hell that video is absolutely mental. People charred to fuck in their vehicles, take it they were quite old and immobile or something as most people would be running for the hills.

Guy was clearly quite traumatised as you would be. Pointing a camera to a charred fucking skeleton and the "As you can see they are dead" was surreal.

Are there really 600 plus people missing/uncounted for? That seems bad, like it could add another 25% or so onto the total or something.

Maybe California will pull it's finger out it's arse and start trying to sort this shit out at least and that will hopefully save more people in the future, as this seems so stupid currently.

• 2Like
Reactions: Araysar and Vanessa

Foler

Jugs waz kangz
<Gold Donor>
I don't know about you guys but I view this as an opportunity to get on the ground early for some cheap real estate investment. I imagine a lot of these people will need to sell their land. I'm thinking of flying out there next week to kick around the dirt some and find locals to buy from on the cheap. I'll hold it for some years and book mad profit. Can't believe no one else thought of this.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
22d 6h 40m
I don't know about you guys but I view this as an opportunity to get on the ground early for some cheap real estate investment. I imagine a lot of these people will need to sell their land. I'm thinking of flying out there next week to kick around the dirt some and find locals to buy from on the cheap. I'll hold it for some years and book mad profit. Can't believe no one else thought of this.
Speculate to accumulate an all that. Could be good, needs serious capital in CA i'd imagine.

Vyemm Raider
38d 8h 48m
immediately after hurricane katrina there was a mad rush to move north of I10 on the gulf coast. Folks bought house lots in waveland (which was literally underwater during katrina) for 2000 dollars. Insurance made it odd. you woudln't want to live in a former flood place because the insurance price went up an absurd amount....but a lot of people still bought lots. To this day there's places that were once "nice property" that are empty...most likely because some one bought it and they're just going to sit on it till the insurance companies settle down.

Reactions: Foler

OneofOne

Trakanon Raider
36d 50m
Did you just assume their gender? Fucking nazi!

Air in the city is super bad now, smoke is getting pushed in from the sea and staying. Unfortunately most of the masks you see people wear are useless, cause they be dumb.

• Worf
Reactions: Leadsalad

mtnhmr

Trakanon Raider
8d 11h 27m
yup, approx 25% senior population in paradise, really not much that could have been done with it going so fast.

wife and I are in an area where shit could go down fast overnight and our one road out could easily be cut off, we're gonna order fire rated respirators and nomex headgear, overalls, jackets and blankets in case I get stuck or fuck up my radiator or some shit driving through pastureland and it's fencing to get us out to a paved road. Wanna be geared for maximum survival if we wake up and our garage is already burning or some shit and we have to hoof it. I guess it's a plus we have an acre pond and they are scattered all over. I know my couple overland routes I planned out if our road gets cutoff passes a number of em before we hit road.
Too many zombie movies. I'd gladly follow you blindly with the evac plan. Anticipate the worst, hope for the best.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
28d 5h 3m
I was hearing today that the cause of the northern fire isn't a Camp Fire the way it's been reported. It's actually PG&E (electric company) and their faulty equipment that caused a spark or something and the blaze went off. This is also the 3rd fire they have caused this year due to faulty equipment. I don't know how true this is. Just one of my riders today that lives in the area told me.

Borzak

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
54d 18h 49m
The thing the woman produced about that according to PG&E was about another transmission line being down and not in service at the time. I don't know tho.

Read someone mention the "camp" fire as if it was a camp fire of someone camping. They mentioned it's named after the Camp Creek and normally would be called camp creek fire but camp fire I guess sounded cool.

Nija

Molten Core Raider
23d 11h 17m
Camp fire death toll up to 79. 699 unaccounted for.

Monday (11/19) 7:00 p.m. Cal Fire Report on the Camp Fire
The Numbers:
-151,272 acres, up 272 in past 12 hours
-70% contained, up 4% in past 12 hours
-Full Containment expected by 11/30/18
-11,713 residences destroyed, 472 commercial buildings destroyed, 3,388 other structures destroyed—unchanged
-79 resident persons dead (up two persons today), one inside a structure in Paradise and one outdoors in Magalia—64 tentatively identified and just six previously announced
-699 persons unaccounted for—down 294 in 12 hours
-3 firefighter injuries
-4,736 total fire personnel, down from 5,332 in past 12 hours

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
69d 18h 33m
I was hearing today that the cause of the northern fire isn't a Camp Fire the way it's been reported. It's actually PG&E (electric company) and their faulty equipment that caused a spark or something and the blaze went off. This is also the 3rd fire they have caused this year due to faulty equipment. I don't know how true this is. Just one of my riders today that lives in the area told me.
Camp fire is just the name of the fire. I dont think anyone ever thought a camp fire started it.

Pge lines start tons of fires though. Start looking into their recent lobbying for immunity from it. And you really wanna blow your mind start lookkng into how they are now shutting off power to areas when its a little windy as blackmail in support of that lobbying effort. Shit will blow your mind

Chanur

Not Soygen
<Gold Donor>
45d 17h 33m
Wouldn't be the first time PG&E's gross negligence has been responsible for mass casualties.

Borzak

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
54d 18h 49m
I thought I read earlier they had gone thru bankruptcy in one form maybe 15 years ago. Article says 2001 so 18 years ago.

PG&E Corp files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection

(Reuters) - Power provider PG&E Corp filed for voluntary Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on Tuesday, succumbing to liabilities stemming from wildfires in Northern California in 2017 and 2018.

The owner of the biggest U.S. power utility has filed a motion seeking court approval for a $5.5 billion debtor-in-possession financing, it said in a statement.

"Throughout this process, we are fully committed to enhancing our wildfire safety efforts, as well as helping restoration and rebuilding efforts across the communities impacted by the devastating Northern California wildfires," PG&E interim Chief Executive Officer John Simon said.

Slightly related. CEO resigned and now have an interim CEO.

Former PG&E CEO to receive $2.5 million in severance

PG&E’s former CEO is walking away with a hefty severance package.

Geisha Williams announced her resignation over the weekend, just before PG&E announced it plans to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

According to The Mercury News, Williams will walk away with a $2.5 million severance package.

From her wiki. Such a shame.
In March 2017, she became the first Latina CEO of a Fortune 500 company.[6] In January 2019 she left PG&E as the company struggled to deal with legal and financial repercussions associated with a series of devastating California wildfires, which occured in 2017 and 2018.[7]

Last edited:
Reactions: chthonic-anemos

Lanx

Golden Baron of the Realm
75d 20h 50m
I thought I read earlier they had gone thru bankruptcy in one form maybe 15 years ago. Article says 2001 so 18 years ago.

PG&E Corp files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection

(Reuters) - Power provider PG&E Corp filed for voluntary Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on Tuesday, succumbing to liabilities stemming from wildfires in Northern California in 2017 and 2018.

The owner of the biggest U.S. power utility has filed a motion seeking court approval for a $5.5 billion debtor-in-possession financing, it said in a statement.

"Throughout this process, we are fully committed to enhancing our wildfire safety efforts, as well as helping restoration and rebuilding efforts across the communities impacted by the devastating Northern California wildfires," PG&E interim Chief Executive Officer John Simon said.

Slightly related. CEO resigned and now have an interim CEO.

Former PG&E CEO to receive $2.5 million in severance

PG&E’s former CEO is walking away with a hefty severance package.

Geisha Williams announced her resignation over the weekend, just before PG&E announced it plans to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

According to The Mercury News, Williams will walk away with a $2.5 million severance package.

From her wiki. Such a shame.
In March 2017, she became the first Latina CEO of a Fortune 500 company.[6] In January 2019 she left PG&E as the company struggled to deal with legal and financial repercussions associated with a series of devastating California wildfires, which occured in 2017 and 2018.[7]
lulz their CEO was a womyn.