The Outer World

Poin Dexter

Lord Nagafen Raider
2d 16h 3m
It is not often I see something that hasn't been posted but here goes: The Outer Worlds, brought to us by the creators of Fallout and Fallout: New Vegas (Obsidian).

I have read this is being billed as Fallout in space, but I am kind of getting a Borderlands vibe from the announcement trailer. Here's hoping.

Forgive me as I suck at embedding videos, if a mod would like to fix this for me, I would appreciate it.

Edit: Fuck me, I did embed it lol.

Caliane

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
31d 7h 14m
yeah, Obsidian Borderlands looks great.

*as we all forget about Obsidians alleged Toxic corporate culture.

Reactions: Quineloe

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
31d 20h 19m
Most of the people involved in Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas, and Planescape Torment, don't even work at Obsidian any more, particularly Avellone.

Along with the Microsoft purchase I just am cautious, hopeful, but cautious. I'm expecting a turd so hopefully if its good I will be pleasantly surprised.

• 2Like
Reactions: iannis and Grim1

Dom

NEW! New Vegas, with maybe a hint of Bioshock and Borderlands? I'm in. Although I share hodj's concerns about the old blood being gone.

Utnayan

Troll Patrol
<Bronze Donator>
15d 13h 4m
Love it. Kiss your ass goodbye Bethesda.

Edit: Crap. Read Hodj's post. Does Ropekid still work there?

Grim1

Vyemm Raider
5d 9h 14m
Pretty tired of the Fallout / Bioshock retro art design. It makes even less sense in a space game. But whatever, if it's a fun game, I'll play.

Reactions: Utnayan

Utnayan

Troll Patrol
<Bronze Donator>
15d 13h 4m
So these guys do a very good job on story and atmosphere. Expect the game to be a buggy mess, but they have good post game support to patch.

cabbitcabbit

Trakanon Raider
17d 10h 52m
I hope there’s some hard shade thrown at Bethesda for trying to run fallout into the ground.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
65d 20h 54m
Nah, totally different company. The reason NV was so good was because it wasn't made by the same people. :)
obsidion /= bethesda

Obsidian did new vegas along with a bunch of other great games. i'll definitely give them more benefit of the doubt then other studios. will keep an eye on this

disclaimer: this is their first title post Microsoft acquisition so we'll see

• 2Like
Reactions: iannis and pharmakos

Droigan

Lord Nagafen Raider
17d 12h 11m
Nah, totally different company. The reason NV was so good was because it wasn't made by the same people. :)
Not to mention that
- They pitched the idea for New Vegas with 3 pages (originally called Fallout Sin City)
- They had lots of problems with the engine (duh) and had to cancel the development of several playable races because of it
- They made the game, which is by far the best Fallout in terms of story\writing since 1-2, in just 18 months

This is them making their own game, on their own time, not limited by the Fallout engine.

Yes please.

• 2Like
Reactions: iannis and pharmakos

iannis

Chairman Meow
34d 7h 49m
It basically looks like fallout in space with a touch of wildstar aesthetic.

This one is going in the "will buy at release" pile. It might also be in the "got burned by freebasing hopium" pile, but i'm willing to take that risk.

Avalone isn't there anymore, so there's that. He's not the only competent writer in the world though, so there's also that!