The Outer Worlds

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
The Outer Worlds is a new single-player sci-fi RPG from Obsidian Entertainment and Private Division. As you explore the furthest reaches of space and encounter a host of factions all vying for power, who you decide to become will determine the fate of everyone in Halcyon. In the corporate equation for the colony, you are the unplanned variable.

Its included with game pass, with gamepass ultimate you can play on PC OR xbox as part of your sub. Not really sure if its cross save or just cross buy.

xbox

windows 10 (launches store if you install)

Epic Games Store

Steam (1 year delay?)

PS4

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob

Even though The Outer Worlds has been referred to as a spiritual successor to Fallout: New Vegas, don’t expect it to feature a full open world on the same scale. Instead, Obsidian has stated in an interview with RPGSite it will be made up of a series of large, explorable zones across the solar system, similar to something we experienced in the Borderlands games.

“We wanted to provide a focused single-player story experience while leaving options open to explore the different environments”, explained Senior Narrative Designer Megan Starks. “Once you get your ship, you'll have a lot of options to explore specific locations, with more opening up as you finish quests or purchase new passes in-game.”

Indications are the game is 25-40 hours which is a decent sized game, maybe not the hundreds of hours some people pour into Fallout 3/Vegas or Skyrim but about Borderlands 3 size sounds good. Visuals, skill trees, etc all look good.

It releases in exactly one week, the same day unfortunately as Call of Duty Modern Warfare. Seems like a weird decision.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Its one of the titles I am most looking forward to and am very happy that it is included in Game Pass, even though that seems like it would cripple its actual financial viability depending on what M$ pays them per install.

I went to their PAX panel this past spring and was very encouraged by what I saw and how free the world was in letting you choose your own path.

• 1Solidarity

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
MS bought Obsidian and I suspect that a big part of the reason they are giving it away on Game Pass is to undermine the deal that was already made with Epic prior to the acquisition.

Downside to it being on Game Pass is that modding--or even just doing minor tweaks to--games with MS DRM is nigh impossible.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah, even locating where the game is on your computer is an exercise in futility with game pass. it's kind of silly

• 1Like

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
You know what? Obsidian should go ahead and make their own Fallout type game, I mean look at Wasteland.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Honestly, I am happier this is shorter than F3 / F:NV / Skyrim have been.

I'd like to at least look at Jedi Fallen Order & Red Dead PC as well before Cyberpunk steals all our time.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
25-40 hours of gameplay? that's a let down, as with most games this year.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I am glad it isn't 100+ hours. There is this little thing called game fatigue, and after I beat the main story (with some side questing and exploration) I am ready to move onto something else. Some games are too long. Persona 5 - 50 hours in and maybe half done.... I just gave up. I'll revisit one of these days. Fallout 4 - 40 hours and I was cashed. Skyrim, forgot. But let's face it. We are old as fuck now. With families. We also want variety in our gaming time when we get it. That doesn't mean we can't plunk down in a world forever since most of us are MMORPG vets, but it does mean we start looking at our backlog as a job and we want to get to it to make it worth our money.

Either way, this game is going to kick ass and be buggier than shit at the same time and will be glorious.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
yeah, even locating where the game is on your computer is an exercise in futility with game pass. it's kind of silly
Yeah, trying to tie my Razer profiles to executables was basically impossible. So fucking dumb.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I am glad it isn't 100+ hours. There is this little thing called game fatigue, and after I beat the main story (with some side questing and exploration) I am ready to move onto something else. Some games are too long. Persona 5 - 50 hours in and maybe half done.... I just gave up. I'll revisit one of these days. Fallout 4 - 40 hours and I was cashed. Skyrim, forgot. But let's face it. We are old as fuck now. With families. We also want variety in our gaming time when we get it. That doesn't mean we can't plunk down in a world forever since most of us are MMORPG vets, but it does mean we start looking at our backlog as a job and we want to get to it to make it worth our money.

Either way, this game is going to kick ass and be buggier than shit at the same time and will be glorious.

Persona 5 is one of the few I've finished in the past 5 years with a 100 hour+ game length. That was mostly because P5 is one of the most chill games to play ever with just the perfect kind of pacing to play each day after work with a few beers for a while.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Persona 5 is one of the few I've finished in the past 5 years with a 100 hour+ game length. That was mostly because P5 is one of the most chill games to play ever with just the perfect kind of pacing to play each day after work with a few beers for a while.
I need to pick that back up. I played maybe 15 hours in and haven't played since.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I need to pick that back up. I played maybe 15 hours in and haven't played since.

The first 15 hours basically being a tutorial suck dick. I clocked the end of my playthrough at like 125 hours.

spronk

FPS noob

wait, Persona 5 Royal is coming out in 2020 and it is Persona 5 with 30% more stuff and 30% deeper or some shit, I don't really understand but its a completely new game built on top of Persona 5 but saves and stuff don't carry over

i really enjoyed P5 as well, 120 hours, but i'm kinda pissed they release a new "version" basically. i'm not gonna play a 120 hour game again that I liked, but not enough to replay

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Am also on the side of, give me a 15-20 hours game packed with awsome action and adventure, rather than 100+ hours of open world with retarded fetch quest.

Sadly the trend is on the latter.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
So embargo lifted and reviews are in, 86 on metacritic so far.

It seems that is has great writing, above average combat(or adequate), lots of options on how to approach quests, and surprisingly...it's stable and bug free. :)

So basically it seems it's what we expected it to be.

Looking forward to it. :)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users