The Passage (Fox)

Brikker

Trump's Staff
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Passage

Genre: Action & Adventure, Drama, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2019-01-14

Creator: Marcos Siega

Cast: Mark-Paul Gosselaar, Saniyya Sidney, Caroline Chikezie, Vincent Piazza, Jamie McShane, Brianne Howey, Emmanuelle Chriqui, Zach Appelman, Tyler Barnhardt

Overview: A post-apocalyptic story about a botched U.S. government experiment that turns a group of death row inmates into highly infectious vampires, and an orphan girl who might be the only person able to stop the ensuing crisis.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
The first book was trash and I expect this show to be worse.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
Eh, I liked the first episode. The Noah doctors are obviously the dumbest motherfuckers alive though - they are the kind of experts that were too dumb to make the cut for the crew of the Prometheus.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Eh, I liked the first episode. The Noah doctors are obviously the dumbest motherfuckers alive though - they are the kind of experts that were too dumb to make the cut for the crew of the Prometheus.
Did I miss something why they want this particular girl? Couldn't they just say 'fuck it' and grab some random homeless kid off the street? I mean, you know, if they are already okay with murdering innocent people in order to complete the objective.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Holy crap I completely spaced on that being Zack Morris...

• 1Like

Caliane

There is no way I'm watching this. The trailers even seem to be making fun of how fucking stupid the premise is. "why would you make vampires on purpose?" "what could happen in 30s?"
Seems as retarded as "the helix" was with quarantine procedures. Or, Westworld. "lets build sentient robots!" but why?.. "idk, why not? also, to build them, we need to give them feelings then torture them endlessly!" ....why would you do that?

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
The books had some really great parts, it was actually a pretty interesting look at the vampire apocalypse.

Then that fucking ending that makes Stephen King look like a master of a well-crafted ending. Perhaps the worst ending in memory to any book I've ever enjoyed.

Earlier parts were the best, wonder how badly the show will fuck them up.

Edit - LOL now I watched the trailer. Looks like the show runners didnt even read a review of the book jacket. Same title, vaguely vampire themed, no other similarities whatsoever to the book.

Why do screenwriters always think they know better than authors?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
... and now I watched Ep 1. WTF did I just watch? Amy is a black girl and Babcock is a hot chick?

Modern casting is so SJW it can't even be parodied.

• 1Worf

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Did I miss something why they want this particular girl? Couldn't they just say 'fuck it' and grab some random homeless kid off the street? I mean, you know, if they are already okay with murdering innocent people in order to complete the objective.

This is what was confusing me their only real criteria was pick a kid without a family nothing else was mentioned. It seems the forces they were sending in were more because the guy guarding the girl was a threat but they seemed so focused on the girl it was odd. I am pretty sure you could go to any one of a hundred foster situations in the country and procure a kid if you have government access to make the paperwork seem legit.

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

The books had some really great parts, it was actually a pretty interesting look at the vampire apocalypse.

Then that fucking ending that makes Stephen King look like a master of a well-crafted ending. Perhaps the worst ending in memory to any book I've ever enjoyed.

Earlier parts were the best, wonder how badly the show will fuck them up.

Edit - LOL now I watched the trailer. Looks like the show runners didnt even read a review of the book jacket. Same title, vaguely vampire themed, no other similarities whatsoever to the book.

Why do screenwriters always think they know better than authors?

I loved Zac Morris in Franklin and Bash, so if this show really is totally divorced from the awful book and its incredibly retarded ending, I may end up watching it.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I loved Zac Morris in Franklin and Bash, so if this show really is totally divorced from the awful book and its incredibly retarded ending, I may end up watching it.
Only two episodes in, but I'm enjoying it. The characters are extremely likable. Only thing dumb in the last episode was putting a retarded (literally) cleaning crew perilously close to vampires.

• 1Like

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
It is not a bad show. It has just normal levels of "TV stupid" (pickpocketing a flashlight and using it to blind the surveillance cameras ? Really ?), but the story is really interesting so far and the flashbacks are great. I just hope they expand it with back stories for the other pacients.

Goatface

are they doing a season = book with this?
doesn't look like it get a 2nd season with the rating so far

LiquidDeath

What was awful about the book trilogy/ending?

I'm going to get real with you here. When I read the book, I'm pretty sure it was the only one. I had no idea at the time that it was a series/trilogy, so that may be coloring my opinion of the ending. It was a fucking terrible ending for a standalone book, but I guess I can see how it sets up a continuation of the story.

• 1Like

Braen

<Medals Crew>
I enjoyed the book series. It wasn't A Song of Ice and Fire, but it has it's good points

• 1Like
TV show information provided by The Movie Database