The Peanut Butter Falcon (2019)

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Peanut Butter Falcon (2019)

Genre: Adventure, Drama, Comedy

Director: Tyler Nilson, Michael Schwartz

Cast: Shia LaBeouf, Zack Gottsagen, Dakota Johnson, John Hawkes, Thomas Haden Church, Bruce Dern, Jon Bernthal, Yelawolf, Aurelian Smith Jr., Mick Foley, Rob Thomas, Tim Zajaros, Jonathan D. Williams, Deja Dee, Lee Spencer, Mark Helms, Michael Berthold, Bruce Henderson, Wayne Dehart

Release: 2019-08-09

Runtime: 97

Plot: A down-on-his-luck crab fisherman embarks on a journey to get a young man with Down syndrome to a professional wrestling school in rural North Carolina and away from the retirement home where he’s lived for the past two and a half years.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
This movie seems popular and I'm not sure how there's not a thread for it already, but I did search.

Anyone have an opinion on this one? I really don't like Shy ElBoof, but he was fucking fantastic in Fury so I figured I'd give it a shot. Made it about 45 minutes into the movie before I turned it off. It wasn't horrible, but every scene just felt like Shy was being himself - a cocky guy garnering attention for being bffs with [oppressed subgroup].

I realize that's an over-the-top take and I'm definitely biased against the guy in the first place, just curious if I'm the only person on Earth that felt that way and if the movie is worth finishing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Watched it and it was OK. The downs actor was impressive all things considered, and Dakota Johnson is hot as hell. Laboof was the weak point for sur3e.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Watched it and it was OK. The downs actor was impressive all things considered, and Dakota Johnson is hot as hell. Laboof was the weak point for sur3e.
I thought the guy with Downs did a really good job and the woman is definitely gorgeous.

I think I turned it off shortly after Boof met her at a gas station. It was a scene where he was giving the guy with Downs a bunch of high fives and it just made me cringe because I remember a couple guys in high school doing that with old 'Tarded Joey. They'd give him high fives in the cafeteria when all the teachers were watching, then throw bottles of water at the back of his head in the hallway between classes.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Also, I didn't know this:
Dakota Mayi Johnson is an American actress and model. The daughter of actors Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith, she made her film debut at age ten with a minor appearance in Crazy in Alabama, a dark comedy film starring her mother. Wikipedia

She definitely looks like her mom.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I thought Shia did pretty great in this one, in that he didn't seem to overact at all, just did the part very solidly. Him and the downs actor clearly had some chemistry, too, where you believed they were actually friends.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I thought Shia did pretty great in this one, in that he didn't seem to overact at all, just did the part very solidly. Him and the downs actor clearly had some chemistry, too, where you believed they were actually friends.

Probably are friends. Who else could tolerate Shia in real life??

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
there WAS a thread on this... i commented on it after i saw the movie in theatres... it's here somewhere...

anyway, it's actually a pretty good movie. shia's extremely decent in it. i actually really appreciated his character, going out of his way to NOT show special care to... erm... whatever robert downsy jr's name was. i really liked the message that, the more you treat people like special little snowflakes, the weaker they actually become.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I watched this today and it was actually really good. Im not a fan of Shia but based on the reviews this movie got, I gave it a chance. Its a fun heartwarming adventure story.

And Dakota Johnson is a smoke show so that was a plus.

• 1Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database