The Platimum Farming Thread: Sterling's Jew Thread

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Been playing on Phinny and while plat hasn't beem an issue, I'm concerned it will be on Agnarr, at least when it comes to affording spells while leveling a caster.

Hepl

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
All of the mobs have the newer loot tables where they drop jawbones and other shit that sells for a couple pp a piece. Thats on like lvl 4-8 mobs too. I think almars guides might have a newbie section that tells you what to keep and what to throw away from the newbie trash.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Also as a thing you can vendor a newb robe/bp for enough for a couple of spells, so you can make a guy sell his robe then parcel the money to your guy, or if you have multiple boxes you can just do it by trade.

• 2Like

Tactician

Ancient
As someone who hasn't played a TLP or leveled a character in EQ since 2002, if there's a way someone could throw together a google.doc with all these neat tips that would be swell. What kinda runes to keep for research too and whatnot

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
As someone who hasn't played a TLP or leveled a character in EQ since 2002, if there's a way someone could throw together a google.doc with all these neat tips that would be swell. What kinda runes to keep for research too and whatnot
Research is different now. I would assume that we'll likely funnel it all to 1 person at the start.

Sterling

El Presidente
That person has a fixed-duration license to print money.

I nominate myself for this crushing but necessary burden.
I'd assume it'll be an officer or some longstanding member or something, same with Jewecrafting so we can get those black saph earrings busted out for everyone.

Thrudd

Silver Knight of the Realm
I can do the Jewelcrafting for the guild. I plan to do all trades, EXCEPT Research. Everything else I will max out, hopefully by the end of classic or through Kunark depending on how much help I can get for gathering/resources. I'll also be stockpiling after that for crafting to 350 afterwards also.

Once I get maxed out in a trade/trades, I can start stockpiling for anyone else who wants to be suicidal like me with this.

I plan to be doing research early on and I am pretty sure Mafakka is planning for JC and smithing. Doubt it would hurt if we had more than 1 though

Noahx

N00b
Ill be JCing immediately after 50. I enjoy the randomness of failures and blowing 25k plat to max out. I do like merchanting / selling etc. People from LJ/Phinny may remember my shop - overall fun selling in EC tunnel.

Last edited:

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
All of the mobs have the newer loot tables where they drop jawbones and other shit that sells for a couple pp a piece. Thats on like lvl 4-8 mobs too. I think almars guides might have a newbie section that tells you what to keep and what to throw away from the newbie trash.
Do you have any examples? I checked Almars site and I've also leveled in a few different zones but I didn't find anything that vendors for that much. There's definitely plenty of newer drops but they tend to be a few gold each, not a few plat.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider

So after some research and fucking around I think I can do better then this.

With advanced looting you can set your loot to never loot certain things. This is stored in user data here.

sgLh9Cu.png

LF_Nvr_Lotarus_lockjaw is the never loot table for my new mage. You can edit these or copy and paste listed to new characters really easily. The first time you loot something click everything to never loot to create the file for them in user data. Then log your character out and replace the items you just made in your never loot user data and replace with a master list.

ACpmzQL.png

What I intend on doing is using my 85 paladin to go through my pre made groups leveling path and find all the stuff that sells the best and what is a waste and load it on to a master no loot list and give that to my group. That way from the get go all you ever have to do is hit loot all and /hidecorpse all.

• 2Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
think I'll just buy the 40 slot 100% WR bag and loot everything.

• 2Like

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Apparently you can just import a list from another character in game. You just need a character with a list.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Please share any jew lists

I'm bored anyways, what zone do you want?

I'm in game right now, going to map Freeport starting zone, Commonlands, Lavastorm, upper and lower guk.

Might take me a while, but its on my preparation list. Ill post the data for sure.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
That'll be interesting. There are a variety of stackable loots from noobie yards that are like 2.5g each that certainly make buying spells simpler. I haven't found any 2pp+ drops from level 4-8 mobs though.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
I'll post when my list is complete and send pm''s with a .txt file. Don't want random pleebs using it.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users