The Plot Against America

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 1 Vote
Title: The Plot Against America

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Drama

First aired: 2020-03-16

Creator: David Simon, Ed Burns

Cast: Winona Ryder, John Turturro, Zoe Kazan, Morgan Spector, Anthony Boyle, Azhy Robertson, Caleb Malis

Overview: An alternate American history told through the eyes of a working-class Jewish family in New Jersey, as they watch the political rise of Charles Lindbergh, an aviator-hero and xenophobic populist, who becomes president and turns the nation toward fascism.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Amazing cast, but I'll pass. I've seen more than enough "Won't somebody please think of the Jews" productions to last a lifetime.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
nope_girl.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Fighting for market share with The Man in The High Castle for some reason? Read the synopsis on Wikipedia for the book and I'm not entirely sure the point.

Lindberg wins, anti-Semitism abounds, there's a plot, he is removed from office, FDR runs as an emergency candidate, wins, Pearl Harbor, US enters the war

If you're going to do an alternate history than go hard with it.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Someone should adapt the The Domination of the Draka series from Stirling. Would have to be a hard R/NC-17 to do that series justice though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
The acting is decent. The alternative history is very bland and doesn't cover a major event until the end of ep 2. Very transparent intentions to parallel current political climate.

Thus far the show is 20% kids doing meaningless shit and 80% people getting angry about news broadcasts.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah I'm a huge fan of David Simon but this isn't very interesting. I think it's too focused on people reacting about people stuff, kids doing kids stuff rather than telling an interesting and compelling story. As already said, acting and production is good, but since it's a miniseries it's not really going anywhere and I don't really think the characters are interesting enough to grow on me. Only good thing the show did to me is to read more about Lindbergh, which is probably not the shows main objective.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Watched this, I'm running out of shit, and it had a good cast.

I found it kind of odd.

The dad was basically todays SJW, constantly complaining, rather than twitter, it's a radio show/personality that rustles him. Doesn't do anything, despite the fact his sister in law is basically an inside loop to the fucking white house, and with a bit of charm and patience could have actually made a difference. Nah, just toe the line and yell and scream, oh get into some scraps at protests too. At the end, I just really considered the guy a shitbag, his pride and opinions we're far more important than his family.

The brother in law/cousin (I forget) was his opposite, was pissed off, and tried to actually do something. I really didn't like the leg shit, they made him into a weaker character far too early. Could have done a lot more with this guy, rather than all the random kid or completely meaningless chatting about random things.

Kids ugh, so much meaningless filler. They weren't meaningless to the story, but far too much.

The end was just unfulfilling, the family is shattered, the big plot was fucking retarded, and I was left feeling like I just watched a movie chopped to hell by Chinese censors.

Could have been much better. Don't reccommend, because it feels like a waste of time due to ending.

spronk

FPS noob
im never watching this shit but if you wanna watch far more interesting "alternate history" stuff check out For All Mankind. 2 seasons, Apple TV+ (or torrent). Basically what if the Soviets beat the USA to the moon by a few days. Really good stuff and great cast.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
TV show information provided by The Movie Database