The Pokemon Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
First simultaneous worldwide release, and getting even closer to a 3D Pokemon game.

This is going to sell a ton of 3DS.

Trailer:

Announcement:

Great, now I have to wait for these spell to cast, further hinder my prefered fast pace pokemon combat.
And these newer generation pokemons are childish looking. I wish they had more of Arcanine and Scyther.

Back to GBA emulator.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pokemon Male and Female is how I keep wanting to read it...

Ratina

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Never played any of these games, but why are there always 2 released at once? Is it just a blatant cash grab?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Never played any of these games, but why are there always 2 released at once? Is it just a blatant cash grab?
I think it's to encourage people to engage each other in their pseudo multiplayer to trade pokemons. I don't think many people buy both versions.

I always thought a 3d world offering was long overdue, but the semi-3d world they have seems weak. And yeah, like b0nafide said there's a good chance there will be a bunch of unskippable filler cutscenes in them. Personally I could only enjoy pokemon on an emulator that was played at 5x+ speed.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I thought X & Y was a placeholder when i read that this morning... so silly.
Maybe they'll give NA a better looking 3DS XL now though!

sebur

Bronze Squire
MY GF seen the god damn Fennikin? or whatever the fuck the fire fox pokemon is and she can't wait for this to come out now. God damn her and her obsession of foxes!

Blide_sl

shitlord
I think it's to encourage people to engage each other in their pseudo multiplayer to trade pokemons. I don't think many people buy both versions.
And what's funny is that the inevitable Pokemon Z will be the definitive version.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Tuco_sl said:
Personally I could only enjoy pokemon on an emulator that was played at 5x+ speed.
This. I can't play it either at 1x. 200x should be a preferred speed level. Faster grind.

Needless

Toe Sucker
calls people 13, has a threadless shirt avatar that 13 year old emo kids wear... Yuuuuppppppppppppppp

Pokemon is fun if you grew up with it, d-d-d-d-deal with it

Blide_sl

shitlord
Think most people here just want to see the franchise evolve beyond what it was 15 years ago. The core mechanics are sound but Nintendo has been really conservative with the franchise which has caused it to become stale. Hopefully this version changes that but it's still no substitute for a full fledged console RPG.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
rrr_img_8028.jpg

Will it have shiny pokemon? pleaseeee