The Quest

TragedyAnn_sl

shitlord
http://abc.go.com/shows/the-quest

Is anyone watching this? I just watched an episode and it's like a live action MMO. I'm a total geek so of course I loved it. Executive producers of LOTR blah blah blah. I thought it was great
wink.png
Worth a watch, IMO.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I saw the first one, and I'm giving it a chance. I wasn't really blown away, but it was kinda neat.

Does anyone know why they didn't have even numbers of chicks and dudes? Also, is the dude rooming with the chick banging her, or is he gay?

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I saw the first one, and I'm giving it a chance. I wasn't really blown away, but it was kinda neat.

Does anyone know why they didn't have even numbers of chicks and dudes? Also, is the dude rooming with the chick banging her, or is he gay?

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just watched the first two episodes and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. It's like Survivor, but with Fantasy storyline...love it! It does have some cheesy moments, but overall it has exceeded my expectations. I actually sort of want to be a contestant haha.

Not sure about the male/female ratios. The roommates aren't sleeping together, I don't think. The man is a married father of 2, but that doesn't mean much these days unfortunately.

What do you guys think of Christian? He hasn't performed very well yet in the challenges, but he sure is putting his all into it. I think that guy is more all in than anyone else and is treating it like real life....he kinda looks like Legolas too, which is freaky.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Christian looks like a skeevy rat motherfucker. I can't believe they didn't get rid of him though to be honest. The other dude is like not even a threat. I wonder if they realize it's a game with one winner.... Like all the challenges are physical, do we get rid of the semi in shape dude who is a grease ball or do we get rid of the skinny nerdy dude who can't lift his own arms?

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I wonder if they realize it's a game with one winner....
Yeah I was thinking the same thing! When they discuss who to stand behind they always talk about who will help them become the hero. Do they realize IT DOESN'T REALLY MATTER who is there with them since the contestants aren't directly effecting the storyline. It's only been 3 episodes, but other than the first challenge, everything has been individual and physical, so by keeping the better players around they are actually hurting their own chances to win. Unless they throw in some mental group challenges, I don't see why the weaker people aren't teaming up to "vote out" the big strong dudes.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Because they are all role playing. Is there even a prize?

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Because they are all role playing. Is there even a prize?
Oh, that's a good point. I just assumed the winner would receive some sort of monetary prize at the end, like all the other contested reality shows. If the prize is just to be "the hero" and unify the staff, or whatever it's called, then good for them on role playing the votes.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, I like that they've gone into role playing mode and aiming to successfully finish the quest, rather then the gamesmanship that is so typical of any other survivor type shows.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
So I guess two of the people on the show have acted before. It's interesting that one of the actors is the most loved person.

They haven't announced a prize as far as I know but you know there will be one. The twist in the latest episode as far as choosing teams was pretty cool. I really liked it.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Anyone else keep watching this?
I enjoyed it more than I thought I would and got pretty caught up in the story. It was pretty cheesy obviously but made a nice change from the usual reality tv crap.

I'd imagine the fact that they were burning off episodes 2 at a time means it wasn't rating well enough to warrent another season.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Kinda forgot about it. Fucking DVR hasn't been recording them for some reason.

Ranak

Molten Core Raider
Anyone else keep watching this?
I enjoyed it more than I thought I would and got pretty caught up in the story. It was pretty cheesy obviously but made a nice change from the usual reality tv crap.

I'd imagine the fact that they were burning off episodes 2 at a time means it wasn't rating well enough to warrent another season.
For how cheesy it was, I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. There's a lot of room for improvement in their format if they somehow go the go-ahead for a second season. Though, as you pointed out, it may not bode well that the last 3 weeks were all 2 episodes at a time.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I enjoyed it a lot. The ratings were pretty bad though. 1.83 million live watchers on the Finale but seriously, who puts a show finale up against the first Thursday Night Football?

I thought it was awesome that they had a Reality Show with basically no prize. I felt like it totally changed the way everyone played the game.