The RBG prediction thread.

Kaines

44d 17h 43m
Wait, I may remember this wrong but didn't the whole Antonin Scalia replacement thing prove Obama did not have power to install a new SCOTUS Justice?
Not without the confirmation of the Senste. As long as the Senate remains in Republican control, Trump has no such problem.

Falxy-US

Bronze Knight of the Realm
2d 10h 5m
Did anyone see the WaPo article that tried to claim that yesterday RBG went to some liberal musical, put on by RBG's relative, that honored RBGs career? The article tried to say how RBG slipped into the back of the small auditorium and enjoyed the musical then slipped back out without people seeing her or getting any pictures of her (you know, because WaPo wanted to be good media and respect the no photography rule) - despite the fact the entire musical was filmed. As if this corpse of a woman is a spry person who can just slip in and out of an auditorium without being seen.

Not only that, then people who are associated with her started tweeting, then deleting their tweets, that they hugged her. What a crock of shit. It's insane there's not ONE photograph of her since her surgery. My friend is a cardiothoracic surgeon. I asked him what the chances of RBG being up and mobile (like they claimed she was) one week after her thoracotomy with lobectomy, he said zero. Open chest surgeries are insanely painful and traumatic and hard to recover from. 50 year olds have difficult recoveries from them. Much less a cancer ridden elderly person. The idea that she was quickly up and walking a mile daily is ludicrous.

At what point is it malpractice or downright fraud to keep RBG on the bench when she clearly can't serve her country anymore?

Reactions: chthonic-anemos

iannis

Chairman Meow
<Donors Crew>
31d 19h 40m
Wait, I may remember this wrong but didn't the whole Antonin Scalia replacement thing prove Obama did not have power to install a new SCOTUS Justice?
Nah, you remember that right.

It was the dickest of dick moves. They didn't even pretend that it was justifiable. They just said, "Can't make me, LOL".

Dumbocrats learned it from watching us, Dad.

I tried to get rid of the shitstain who was a part of that from my state. Most people seem to like him, I guess.

iannis

Chairman Meow
<Donors Crew>
31d 19h 40m
Did anyone see the WaPo article that tried to claim that yesterday RBG went to some liberal musical, put on by RBG's relative, that honored RBGs career? The article tried to say how RBG slipped into the back of the small auditorium and enjoyed the musical then slipped back out without people seeing her or getting any pictures of her (you know, because WaPo wanted to be good media and respect the no photography rule) - despite the fact the entire musical was filmed. As if this corpse of a woman is a spry person who can just slip in and out of an auditorium without being seen.

Not only that, then people who are associated with her started tweeting, then deleting their tweets, that they hugged her. What a crock of shit. It's insane there's not ONE photograph of her since her surgery. My friend is a cardiothoracic surgeon. I asked him what the chances of RBG being up and mobile (like they claimed she was) one week after her thoracotomy with lobectomy, he said zero. Open chest surgeries are insanely painful and traumatic and hard to recover from. 50 year olds have difficult recoveries from them. Much less a cancer ridden elderly person. The idea that she was quickly up and walking a mile daily is ludicrous.

At what point is it malpractice or downright fraud to keep RBG on the bench when she clearly can't serve her country anymore?
Honestly, never. As long as she's breathing she's still a Justice. They either retire or die. That's a little bit tricky with modern medicine, granted.

But what there is is a requirement for them to be physically present to hear arguments. They'd never show up to the courthouse if there wasn't one, they'd conduct everything through written correspondence. They mostly do anyway, which is good and fine and probably the best way to do it. So when she starts missing arguments, that's the point at which she either has to be replaced or the court shrinks to 8.

I don't think she gets to mail in an opinion on a case she did not hear.

Oddly enough SC Justice isn't a full time job. It's just a very important job. They all do other things as well.

Last edited:

TrollfaceDeux

The Slayer Supreme of the Thousand Shadowban
28d 6h 27m

I don't understand why the entire media is joining to fuel this lie....what is there to benefit except to spread propaganda and falsehood?

Foler

Jugs waz kangz
<Donors Crew>

What's stopping an honest reporter or average Joe from just standing outside her house and waiting for her to leave?

Are people doing this and wapo is just lying or are people not doing this and wapo is still lying? How hard can it be to debunk wapo by taking some pics of coming and going of her house? Does she do the faux 4 way presidential motorcades to throw people off?

Foler

Jugs waz kangz
<Donors Crew>
I don't understand why the entire media is joining to fuel this lie....what is there to benefit except to spread propaganda and falsehood?
It's wild man. How can a news outlet claim something is news from another outlet without investigating it?... Only answer is that they are ok and want it to be propaganda. It's like we're ukranians living on the Russia boarder and Russia media is shoveling shit into our mouths.

Falxy-US

2d 10h 5m
So, elderly patients with weak bodies and poor pulmonary function are difficult to extubate (remove the breathing tube) after surgeries. Part of the reason why is that while they are intubated, the ventilator is breathing for them so the patient's respiratory muscles weaken. So when you try to wean them off the ventilator, their muscles have atrophied and they can't breath on their on. In fact, there are multiple medical conditions where if you intubate the patient (which saves their life) you have also effectively signed their death warrant because they cannot be extubated.

It's ENTIRELY possible that RBG, a very frail old lady, who can barely stay awake, or hold her head up while talking, who just underwent a thoracotomy and lobectomy, is unable to be extubated, and she at home now with a tracheostomy tube and a ventilator. I would believe this scenario infinitely over the idea she pleasantly walked out of the hospital and is home now exercising. I also can't imagine the media would miss that photo opportunity.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
<Donors Crew>
22d 20h 16m
I discussed that earlier but its just too big of a conspiracy. The doctors need to all be in on it. Everyone around her has to be in on it and not make a single slip up. Her entire family, you name it. Eventually someone not fanatically loyal to The Party or RBG will come around asking to talk to her and not take no for an answer.

That and the moment such a conspiracy was exposed you're talking an scandal the likes of which has never been seen before. Concealed the death of a SCOTUS Justice by avoiding all legal avenues regarding death (set up a freezer in her house and not have a death certificate, etc, etc) on top of fraudulently writing legal opinions as a proxy to continue concealing her death. All just so you could deny the POTUS an enumerated power of his office because you don't like him.

This would actually be a Constitutional crisis and nobody involved would survive it.
But at least they would get to dust off the federal gallows for a few dozen actual traitors, though. That would be fun to watch.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again!
<Donors Crew>
15d 19h 52m
It proved the president has to nominate someone acceptable to the Senate. So yeah no president has the power to just install a scj.

There is a recess appointment but I can't remember if that applies to the sc or how long it lasts. Also the Senate has to go into recess and I'm not sure they do anymore.

Kaines

44d 17h 43m
So, elderly patients with weak bodies and poor pulmonary function are difficult to extubate (remove the breathing tube) after surgeries. Part of the reason why is that while they are intubated, the ventilator is breathing for them so the patient's respiratory muscles weaken. So when you try to wean them off the ventilator, their muscles have atrophied and they can't breath on their on. In fact, there are multiple medical conditions where if you intubate the patient (which saves their life) you have also effectively signed their death warrant because they cannot be extubated.

It's ENTIRELY possible that RBG, a very frail old lady, who can barely stay awake, or hold her head up while talking, who just underwent a thoracotomy and lobectomy, is unable to be extubated, and she at home now with a tracheostomy tube and a ventilator. I would believe this scenario infinitely over the idea she pleasantly walked out of the hospital and is home now exercising. I also can't imagine the media would miss that photo opportunity.
Yes the whole "she's running a mile a day" but can't sit motionless in a quiet courtroom is beyond the pale. She's either dead or almost completely incapacitated at this point.

Falxy-US

2d 10h 5m
Yes the whole "she's running a mile a day" but can't sit motionless in a quiet courtroom is beyond the pale. She's either dead or almost completely incapacitated at this point.
I didn't even consider that. Like you said, if she's walking a mile a day, why can't she be in court? This is fucking absurdity. There has to be some way we can demand to see her alive. I wonder how long the democrats will continue this charade.