The Red Letter Media Appreciation Thread

Chukzombi

Vizconde de Plata del Reino
98d 1h 8m
i think i made a similar thread years ago, but i dont remember anymore. anyway, they do some hilarious movie reviiews which dont seem to fit anywhere else so i think i will toss in the exceptional ones.
i remember seeing this movie when it came out and i was like wtf is this shit. then i forgot about it. after watching that review i think i finally got it. my 2 favorite scenes

fanaskin

Well known Agitator
60d 2h 43m

I like this channel a lot too. Similar except instead of bunch of fat hack frauds it's a puppet with a British accent and a lot more sarcasm.
Then why can't I stand listening to him for more than a minute before shutting it off

Gravel

Ssraeszha Raider
30d 4h 29m
I think I stumbled on them a few months ago because of Star Wars? Or maybe their review of Ready Player One.

Either way, I'm a fan. They seem to have pretty similar preferences to myself, outside of the fact that I don't particularly like horror.

Reactions: chthonic-anemos

iannis

Chairman Meow
<Donors Crew>
31d 23h 30m
Hackfrauds.

Mike is probably also my least favorite (I like them all, so it's a nuanced thing, I still like mike and his essays and his oneliners), but I'm pretty sure he's the brains behind the operation.

It sure ain't fuckin Rich. lol.

This thread gave me AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSSS

Chukzombi

Vizconde de Plata del Reino
98d 1h 8m
Hackfrauds.

Mike is probably also my least favorite (I like them all, so it's a nuanced thing, I still like mike and his essays and his oneliners), but I'm pretty sure he's the brains behind the operation.

It sure ain't fuckin Rich. lol.

This thread gave me AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSSS
Rich is an acquired taste.

Dom

I've avoided them for the most part because I really hate cringe humour and their Mr. Plinkett stuff is fucking retarded, but I've been watching their re:views lately after seeing the one for ST:TMP, and I'm enjoying their stuff. They're really enjoyable when they aren't trying too hard.

Arbitrary

<Donors Crew>
79d 11h 47m
I've avoided them for the most part because I really hate cringe humour and their Mr. Plinkett stuff is fucking retarded, but I've been watching their re:views lately after seeing the one for ST:TMP, and I'm enjoying their stuff. They're really enjoyable when they aren't trying too hard.
I didn't like their Half in the Bag stuff at all for years but I eventually came around. It didn't hurt when they started to put the VCR repairman skits on the far far back burner. Their early stuff with that concept I found unpalatable.

Dom

I didn't like their Half in the Bag stuff at all for years but I eventually came around. It didn't hurt when they started to put the VCR repairman skits on the far far back burner. Their early stuff with that concept I found unpalatable.
Yeah. I saw one of those the other day where they literally sat in almost complete silence for 10 minutes of screentime, and with no payoff at the end.

Reactions: Arbitrary

Arbitrary

<Donors Crew>
79d 11h 47m
They've got a few of those.

They've got one where they uploaded about three minutes of talking shit followed by an hour of blackscreen and techno music.

The troll force flows strong in them.
When one of the Transformers came out they did a parody episode for most of their shows where it looked legitimate for a minute or so until it devolved in to robot noises and nothing else. It was pretty clearly a response to all the people that asked them to review it so they could see a movie they didn't like get shit on by people they did like.

I have to say that I really do like their willingness to try new things. With the success of the Plinkett reviews they could have just copied that formula and reviewed other franchises until the concept was completely dead but instead they launched Half in the Bag, Best of the Worst (with a few different spinoffs and twists), Re:View, The Nerd Crew, and even their own independent film with Space Cop. They could have been just more guys that shit on things on the internet and forged their own path instead. I personally really like their yearly or bi-yearly catch-up videos where they talk about all the other movies they saw but didn't talk about on Half in the Bag. I wouldn't really otherwise have any fucking idea most of those films even existed or that they were worth my time.