The Red Letter Media Appreciation Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
4.38 star(s) Rating: 4.38/5 8 Votes
Title: The Rich Evans Anthology (2012)

Genre: Comedy

Director: Mike Stoklasa

Cast: Rich Evans

Release: 2012-03-30

Runtime: 12

Plot: An anthology collection of short films surrounding Rich Evans, thespian and philantropist.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fadaar

That guy

I like this channel a lot too. Similar except instead of bunch of fat hack frauds it's a puppet with a British accent and a lot more sarcasm.

• 6Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 7 users

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>

I like this channel a lot too. Similar except instead of bunch of fat hack frauds it's a puppet with a British accent and a lot more sarcasm.

Then why can't I stand listening to him for more than a minute before shutting it off

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
69836B3E-9598-4E6D-8010-18EF4250DAB9.gif

• 5Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 7 users

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Mike is probably my least favorite, but I really do enjoy RLM and it's one of the few youtube channels, if not the only one, I watch regularly.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think I stumbled on them a few months ago because of Star Wars? Or maybe their review of Ready Player One.

Either way, I'm a fan. They seem to have pretty similar preferences to myself, outside of the fact that I don't particularly like horror.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
go watch their reviews of the prequels and all the star trek films.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
The Plinkett prequel reviews will always be their best stuff. Minus the random cutaways to Plinkett's RL or whatever, that stuff is always forced.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Hackfrauds.

Mike is probably also my least favorite (I like them all, so it's a nuanced thing, I still like mike and his essays and his oneliners), but I'm pretty sure he's the brains behind the operation.

It sure ain't fuckin Rich. lol.

This thread gave me AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSSS

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Hackfrauds.

Mike is probably also my least favorite (I like them all, so it's a nuanced thing, I still like mike and his essays and his oneliners), but I'm pretty sure he's the brains behind the operation.

It sure ain't fuckin Rich. lol.

This thread gave me AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSSS
Rich is an acquired taste.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

iannis

Musty Nester

6 years ago.

Can you imagine if they tried to release that today? The absolute shitstorm.

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I've avoided them for the most part because I really hate cringe humour and their Mr. Plinkett stuff is fucking retarded, but I've been watching their re:views lately after seeing the one for ST:TMP, and I'm enjoying their stuff. They're really enjoyable when they aren't trying too hard.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I've avoided them for the most part because I really hate cringe humour and their Mr. Plinkett stuff is fucking retarded, but I've been watching their re:views lately after seeing the one for ST:TMP, and I'm enjoying their stuff. They're really enjoyable when they aren't trying too hard.

I didn't like their Half in the Bag stuff at all for years but I eventually came around. It didn't hurt when they started to put the VCR repairman skits on the far far back burner. Their early stuff with that concept I found unpalatable.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I didn't like their Half in the Bag stuff at all for years but I eventually came around. It didn't hurt when they started to put the VCR repairman skits on the far far back burner. Their early stuff with that concept I found unpalatable.

Yeah. I saw one of those the other day where they literally sat in almost complete silence for 10 minutes of screentime, and with no payoff at the end.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
They've got a few of those.

They've got one where they uploaded about three minutes of talking shit followed by an hour of blackscreen and techno music.

The troll force flows strong in them.

• 2Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
They've got a few of those.

They've got one where they uploaded about three minutes of talking shit followed by an hour of blackscreen and techno music.

The troll force flows strong in them.

When one of the Transformers came out they did a parody episode for most of their shows where it looked legitimate for a minute or so until it devolved in to robot noises and nothing else. It was pretty clearly a response to all the people that asked them to review it so they could see a movie they didn't like get shit on by people they did like.

I have to say that I really do like their willingness to try new things. With the success of the Plinkett reviews they could have just copied that formula and reviewed other franchises until the concept was completely dead but instead they launched Half in the Bag, Best of the Worst (with a few different spinoffs and twists), Re:View, The Nerd Crew, and even their own independent film with Space Cop. They could have been just more guys that shit on things on the internet and forged their own path instead. I personally really like their yearly or bi-yearly catch-up videos where they talk about all the other movies they saw but didn't talk about on Half in the Bag. I wouldn't really otherwise have any fucking idea most of those films even existed or that they were worth my time.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Randin

Trakanon Raider
I don't do a lot of their regular movie reviews, but Best of the Worst is great. Love that shit.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I don't do a lot of their regular movie reviews, but Best of the Worst is great. Love that shit.
they got so fucking wasted for their halloween special they had to stop it and continue a few days later.

• 2Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database