The Red Letter Media Appreciation Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
people have been spoofing famous movies for decades before MTS3k
one of my favorites as a kid.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
DuPzgGEWwAEpXKo.jpg

• 6Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

They weren't kidding, this was really good. For having the basic "dark secret in the heart of suburbia" framework it kept me guessing with some good twists and turns before turning up the heat for the entire second half.

Very happy with it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
people have been spoofing famous movies for decades before MTS3k
one of my favorites as a kid.

I forgot about this one lol, I won it as some prize for a starwars ccg tourny in the 90's, good times.

• 2Like

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Watched that latest Plinketto video.

Macaulay Culkin looks like a normal person again. He was pretty funny, sort of fitted in well with the gang, but I found his laughter had an odd sound to it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
I am enjoying the creation of the RLM/Home Alone/AVGN extended cinematic universe.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Guess he's just a regular now, because he did a Re:View for Hackers like a month ago. That's 3 (or more?) episodes in a month. He was not only surprisingly normal, but actually entertaining.

I probably don't watch as much RLM as I should.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Guess he's just a regular now, because he did a Re:View for Hackers like a month ago. That's 3 (or more?) episodes in a month. He was not only surprisingly normal, but actually entertaining.

I probably don't watch as much RLM as I should.

I think when they have a guest they try and film a bunch of stuff. When those two Canadians are about you tend to get more than one episode of stuff with them, when they had director Simon Barrett he was in a Best of the Worst as well as a Re:View of his movie The Guest, there was a comic book artist that was in a couple different things, and another director/martial artist guy that was in multiple things as well.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
didnt one of the plinkett reviews mention Culkin once as a creepy weirdo when he grew up?

• 2Like

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I'd have trouble holding back from a Michael Jackson reference.

That movie was a real THRILLER wasn't it?

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
didnt one of the plinkett reviews mention Culkin once as a creepy weirdo when he grew up?
Yeah, they did. My guess is they met him through Landis. I think that was the first episode where caulkin showed up. And he played the satanic Hollywood star.

caulking recently launched a YouTube project is my guess why you're seeing him popping up all over.

Kinda funny. Landis went them a script for his Frankenstein movie and Mike shot all over it, while saying it was better than what actually got made.

• 2Like

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
I think when they have a guest they try and film a bunch of stuff. When those two Canadians are about you tend to get more than one episode of stuff with them, when they had director Simon Barrett he was in a Best of the Worst as well as a Re:View of his movie The Guest, there was a comic book artist that was in a couple different things, and another director/martial artist guy that was in multiple things as well.

Hell yes I watched The Guest after that re:view and botw with the director. I thought that movie was fantastic.

Also the martial artist guy Len Kabazinski or something was hilarious. He was so humble about the terrible schlock movies he was making.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Culkin reviewing Home Alone 4 was pretty good.

A little self deprecating humor goes a long way. Plus, he really owns his past.

• 2Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
He meshes well with the guys. He either shares the same sense of humour or knows how to match it incredibly well. He stands out a bit though as his personality is forward compared to their passivity. (Him getting up and yelling at Rich was a bit out of place for them)

• 1Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Len was great. The Guest was really surprising for how well it played. I want another one.

• 1Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I used to feel this way as well, but I'm starting to think their Plinkett Ghostbusters 2016 review may be narrowly edging it out

I love the entire Plinkett catalog. The Star Trek TNG movie stuff is fantastic as well.

• 3Like