The Red Letter Media Appreciation Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Crimson

Peasant
RLM videos have taken so many years of my life, because I've watched almost everything put out by them far more times than necessary.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

iannis

Musty Nester
They aren't carded and don't have their accessories so a few thousand. Worth it.

And they're unboxed, which means they're worth less.

Realisticially he invested a few hundred dollars. They may SAY this stuff is worth a lot, but it's all speculation. Remember the comic book / sports card collectibles craze of the 90's. Granted star wars fanatics are a bit more willing to part with their money for a little piece of plastic. But even so.

Oh god, "Dead, Dead, Really Dead". Such shitlord. Much wow. lololo

Sterling

El Presidente
And they're unboxed, which means they're worth less.

Realisticially he invested a few hundred dollars. They may SAY this stuff is worth a lot, but it's all speculation. Remember the comic book / sports card collectibles craze of the 90's. Granted star wars fanatics are a bit more willing to part with their money for a little piece of plastic. But even so.

Oh god, "Dead, Dead, Really Dead". Such shitlord. Much wow. lololo
Uncarded means unboxed, and it's not really a box it's a card with a piece of plastic holding the figure in. 2317 figures even without their accessories and uncarded are still worth a bit. I didn't really take a real close look but they look like a mix of the 80s early runs and 90s stuff so it's probably a few thousand dollars total. Well worth it for the pub they got out of it and I'm sure they probably got a lot of the figures free.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have my Luke and Vader figures from 1977 but the boxes are long gone and my brother chewed the lightsaber tips off the same week I got them. I still give the bastard shit for that and he turns 45 this weekend.

• 1Like

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I can remember some company ( some kid's thing - breakfast cereal ??? ) ran a contest that you could win an entire set of Star Wars figures. This was back in 1977 or 78 so only stuff from the original movie.

I entered the contest and didn't win. I would have played with all that shit and it would have been ruined / lost. But if I had a time machine and the knowledge of what that'd be worth in pristine condition today.

Fadaar

That guy
My grandmother on my dad's side kept all kinds of toys from when my dad and his brothers were young (all born in the 50's). She was one of those that didn't want to throw stuff away, not in a hoarder way but stuff she thought might be useful or worth something. Well crazy as she sounded, she ended up being right in the end. When she died they gathered all those toys up and made a few grand off of them when cleaning the house out.

Sterling

El Presidente
Some of the OG 12 back figures if they're in graded quality can be worth a couple grand individually. But back then most of us played with them since they were toys. The later run in the 90s are like 50 percent still carded and thus not nearly as rare. Yak Face is the real treasure from the old figures though since it was a send away and is rare as fuck now.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
there is nothing sadder than a fat nerd with a collection of toys still sealed in their boxes.

• 1Solidarity

Juvarisx

Florida

One of the best BoTW in a while, Rem Lazar is quite the tape

Last edited:
  • 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I wish they would do more modern movies. I truly enjoy when they break down the good and bad of a movie, whether I agree or not.