The Righteous Gemstones

Fedor

<Banned>
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Vote
Title: The Righteous Gemstones

Genre: Comedy

Creator: Danny McBride

Cast: John Goodman, Danny McBride, Edi Patterson, Adam Devine, Cassidy Freeman, Tony Cavalero, Tim Baltz, Gregory Alan Williams

Overview: The story of a world-famous televangelist family with a history of deviance, greed and, yes, charitable work, all in the name of Jesus.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fedor

<Banned>
0-16.jpeg

The half-hour comedy, created by and starring McBride, centers on the Gemstones, a world famous televangelist family that consists of patriarch Eli (The Conners‘ John Goodman), his two sons Jesse (McBride) and Kelvin (Workaholics‘ Adam Devine), and daughter Judy (Vice Principals‘ Edi Patterson, not pictured). Together, the clan carries out a long tradition of deviance, greed, and charitable work.

The ensemble also includes Smallville alum Cassidy Freeman (as Jesse’s wife Amber, who gave up a career in journalism to devote her life to her husband and his church), School of Rock‘s Tony Cavalero (as ex-Satanist Keefe Chambers, who was saved by the Gemstone family and is now their loyal servant) and Veep‘s Tim Baltz (as Judy’s fiance B.J., who struggles to fit in with the Gemstone clan).

• 1Like

Fedor

<Banned>
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I love all three male leads, especially Danny McBride, and Goggins as well. Also, Goggins is going to be perfect in this role.

Who am I kidding, he is perfect in every role.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
I'd like to see a new McBride show, but this isn't it...

• 1Seriously?

Hosix

All labs matter!
I liked this.

The last 10 minutes are great. Between the car scene and the Sunday lunch. Goodman absolutely nails his spot.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database