The RPG Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Every now and again I'll start playing an RPG from a few years ago and either there won't be a thread, or I don't feel like necro'ing a 3 year old thread. I figured we could use this thread to discuss upcoming RPG news, current RPGs, old RPGs, RPGs we're currently playing, etc.. If this thread receives no love it can die off into the abyss. If it does take off I'll update this OP with upcoming release dates n shit.

I half considered making a JRPG thread, but we could use this to discuss any RPGs.

I just beat FFX last week and was looking for something new, decided to play FFX-2. Made it about 4 hours (I just put on a concert for the Gullwings) until I decided despite how much more I liked the combat I just couldn't deal with charlie's angels.

I started up The Last Story for the Wii last night and loving it so far. Only at the beginning, but I'm enjoying it. Thinking next I might do Tales of Graces F, but not sure yet.

Anyone playing anything good?

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I'm waiting for Bravely Second, Persona 5, and FFXV at the moment.

Final Fantasy Tactics is on Android now and I'm super tempted to get it. Also I think DQVIII is coming to 3DS soon?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I'm still slowly working my way through persona 4. I'm liking it more than I thought I would

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Thinking next I might do Tales of Graces F, but not sure yet.
Don't do it, it's a terrible game. Play the Xillia's instead if you haven't yet and really want a Tales of... game. Or wait a month and hope Zestiria turns out to be good; it's even coming to PC.

kaxfenix

N00b
Currently playing the Witcher 3

Semi Playing Dragon Age 3 .

Some reason having a hard time getting through W3 haven't picked up DA 3 in like 2 months or so.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Don't do it, it's a terrible game. Play the Xillia's instead if you haven't yet and really want a Tales of... game. Or wait a month and hope Zestiria turns out to be good; it's even coming to PC.
Really? Had good reviews I thought. Someone got it for me for christmas a year or two ago, felt compelled to play it.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Just started tales of xillia myself, seems like a great game so far. Hooked me much faster than most jrpgs.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Ive got the whatever the new one is preordered on Steam.

I think I got Xilia on sale for ps3 (both of them?) for my kids, but I don't have a ps3 hooked up anymore to play em.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I started playing Secret of Mana again on my EmulationStation but I just simply cannot get into this damn game. I'm the furthest I've ever been (this is like my 5th go at liking it) but I have zero motivation to play it any more.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Also a few PS2 games I rarely see talked about but I really enjoyed back in the day were Shining Force Neo and Shining Force EXA. Both were at least enjoyable and I actually really enjoyed both. It may help I never played a Shining Force prior to them so I wasn't salty they had nothing in common with the predecessors.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Shining Force 1 and 2 for Genesis were awesome, never played the PS2 versions.

Also Secrets of Mana is a really great game but I distinctly remember being extremely overpowered about halfway through the game and it was tough to beat because it was boring at that point.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Have way too many RPGs going on at the moment, most of which have been put aside for MGS5.

Main ones that I play are
- Grandia 2
- Secrets of Grindea (early access now on steam, similar to Secret of Mana)
- The Witcher 3
- Valkyria Chronicles
- Persona 4

Have lots more that I have started too, but unsure when I will get back to them. Thinking about starting up "The Legend of Heroes: Trials in the sky" again. A few hours into it, and seems like a really decent old schoolish JRPG.

Knowing myself though, the next RPG that I actually finish will probably be Fallout 4. Something about those games that enable me to focus on them completely.

Will also get the new Tales game. Ditto on the Xillia vs Tales of F or whatever it is called. Xillia is really good, not tried 2.

Most anticipated future rpgs - FF 15 and Dragons Dogma on PC. Never finished that + dlc, so looking forwards to the updated version. Loved that game.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen is on my to do list, although I'm probably just going to play the old Xbox 360 version.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Just finished (and plated) FF type Zero. I really liked the action and character options, the story was very JRPG so I had some eyeroll and WTF moments, but over all really liked the combat and style of the game. Its been on sale pretty reg so I picked it up for $30 and now will trade it in for $25.

I also am enjoying the FF15 demo that came with it, decided to Pre order it now.

I am going to do FF13-3 next

xrg

Golden Squire
I've been playing all the mainline Final Fantasy games on my Emulation System, because the only two I ever originally finished was 4 and 6.

So far I went through:
- FF1 (Origins)
- FF7
- FF5
- FF4 (NDS version)
- FF9

I just finished 9 last week, and I haven't decided which I'll play next.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Almost forgotDisgaea 5releases in NA on October 6th. I'll probably pick it up since I've heard it plays a lot likeTactics. (I've never played a Disgaea game.)

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Give that one a wait dude. I hear it bombed pretty hard in Japan, may not be a good Disgaea.