The Sandman

Qhue

Trump's Staff
2.43 star(s) Rating: 2.43/5 7 Votes
Title: The Sandman

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Drama

First aired: 2021-12-31

Creator: Allan Heinberg

Cast: Tom Sturridge, Gwendoline Christie, Vivienne Acheampong, Charles Dance, Boyd Holbrook, Asim Chaudhry, Sanjeev Bhaskar

Overview: Adaptation of Neil Gaiman's famous The Sandman comic series, which tells the story of Morpheus, the Lord of Dreams, and the Endless, a group of powerful siblings comprised of Destiny, Death, Despair, Destruction, Desire, Delirium, and Dream.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Was going to post this. Very exciting. I am admittedly a pretty big Gaiman fanboy though.

• 2Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
If they can do this the justice that Amazon did for Good Omens then I'm all in.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I love Gaiman and Sandman but I'm pretty skeptical. The showrunner's credits mostly consist of bullshit network dramas that I just don't find the least bit interesting. Wonder Woman was alright but... And Goyer is hit or miss. A lot of the reason in the difference in quality you see between American Gods and Good Omens is that Gaiman insisted on showrunning Good Omens after his awful experience with American Gods. Sandman is a lot of really subtle shit that the wrong creator probably won't be able to translate correctly, and a lot of really unsubtle fantasy elements that could be seen as parody in the wrong hands. Word from the articles is that Netflix is flinging money at this thing and trying to make it their GoT so maybe there's nothing to worry about.

• 2Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Word from the articles is that Netflix is flinging money at this thing and trying to make it their GoT so maybe there's nothing to worry about.
If Netflix wants a GoT, you know what they should do? A live action adaptation of the Dragonlance Chronicles. Huge fan base plus tons of material to draw off of for years to come.

• 7Like
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
If Netflix wants a GoT, you know what they should do? A live action adaptation of the Dragonlance Chronicles. Huge fan base plus tons of material to draw off of for years to come.

I'd kill for a good twins trilogy series. (Legends) and a Lord Soth spinoff.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 5 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Well shit, Netflix keeps my money for a couple more years at least. They have a lot of good stuff coming down the pipeline, and they still have good stuff from theaters too. Watching Into the Spiderverse right now, actually.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Gaiman dropping some bombs this morning on the casting. Cannot wait for this show.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Lol at the gender flipping in this. Gwendoline Christie as Lucifer?

• 1Barf
  • 1Salty

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, that gender swapping is irrelevant. If she comes close to Tilda. Kind of like a few of the other shows that have had angels or Alanis as God, etc

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I think she is going to make a badass Lucifer. I don't know the others really.

Sterling

El Presidente
I think she is going to make a badass Lucifer. I don't know the others really.
Should be fine. Most Gaiman stuff that gets turned into other media has been good. Stardust and Good Omens are awesome and American Gods is up and down but certainly has it's moments so I'm fairly optimistic.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah, I think he has enough clout now to push back against the studios. I'm interested to see how they adapt the family, Delirium in particular. Changing mediums alone is going to change the story quite a bit.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
25 years later and most of the plots are still relevant and pretty good. Even the tranny. The red bearded northman from GoT would make an awesome Destruction.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
More casting news today. Some of them are spot on, David Thewlis as Dee is fucking perfect. Some others are eh, I like the actress for Death and her personality fits but she has a pretty iconic look that they definitely aren't going to pull off with a black actress. And Patton Oswalt is just wrong for Matthew.

idk, I guess we'll see. I remain skeptical.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Fuck your pronouns, this trend of having to announce your pronouns is the fucking worst.
1622053726714.png

• 4Like
  • 2Pathetic
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users
TV show information provided by The Movie Database