The Shape of Water (2018)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
3.25 star(s) Rating: 3.25/5 4 Votes
Title: The Shape of Water

Genre: Adventure, Drama, Fantasy

Director: Guillermo del Toro

Cast: Sally Hawkins, Michael Shannon, Octavia Spencer, Lauren Lee Smith, Richard Jenkins, Doug Jones, Michael Stuhlbarg, Nick Searcy, Dru Viergever, John Kapelos, Morgan Kelly, Cyndy Day, Madison Ferguson, Jayden Greig, Marvin Kaye, Stewart Arnott, Jim Pagiamtzis, Cameron Laurie, Alexey Pankratov, Shane Clinton Jarvis, Deney Forrest, Evgeny Akimov, Dave Reachill, Matthew Mease, Brandon McKnight, Amanda Smith, Maxine Grossman, David Hewlett

Release: 2018-01-10

Plot: An other-worldly story, set against the backdrop of Cold War era America circa 1963, where a mute janitor working at a lab falls in love with an amphibious man being held captive there and devises a plan to help him escape.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Bestiality propaganda.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
wait, is this Del Toro's "Abe Sapien" spinoff from Hell Boy?

abe-sapien2-e1494415600104.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Two love stories in a row? I never did watch Crimson Peak, am I missing out?

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
wait, is this Del Toro's "Abe Sapien" spinoff from Hell Boy?

abe-sapien2-e1494415600104.jpg
I mean... it clearly is right? why the evasion?

alternatively, she is going to fuck the Deep one, and doom humanity to the maw of Dagon.

The design is slightly different. more animalistic. spines, etc. This one might not actually be Abe, but a Deep one. Abe showing up later.

Doug jones is even playing THIS fishman, as well..

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I mean... it clearly is right? why the evasion?

alternatively, she is going to fuck the Deep one, and doom humanity to the maw of Dagon.

The design is slightly different. more animalistic. spines, etc. This one might not actually be Abe, but a Deep one. Abe showing up later.

Doug jones is even playing THIS fishman, as well..

That would be a good Alan Moore comic to bring to the screen! haha

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I was just joking but you guys seem to think its true?

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
same director, same actor. Similar set design. steampunkish sets look right out of Hellboy/bprd. Eggs, music, etc. similar markings. bodyshape etc.

http://hellboy.wikia.com/wiki/Abraham_Sapien

In a child's bedroom, 1978, a comatose, amphibious man was found inside a water-filled capsule within a long-lost chamber beneath the St. Trinian's Hospital. Found by a group of plumbers, the Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense quickly intercepted the creature, and nicknamed it “Abraham Sapien,” in reference to the scrap of paper written on his tube: April 14th 1865 - the date of President Abraham Lincoln's death.

Unresponsive for weeks, it wasn't until B.P.R.D. scientist experimented with shocking him did he awake. However it appears that Abe was at least somewhat aware of what was going on, as he has memories of overhearing one of the scientists debating whether or not to give up trying to revive him and just skip to dissection.

'Icthyo Sapien'

Abe's experience in the Bureau is "terrifying", and he still sometimes has nightmares of the event. Unsure what the creature in the tube was, he was held under scrutiny by the Bureau as scientists studied him. However, Hellboy felt sympathy for him, told the doctors to shut down the experiments, because "they never stop until someone says 'enough'". Abe came out of his tank healthy, if disoriented, and quickly responded to human contact. Despite no memory of a previous life, he was soon able to speak fluent English, apparently remembering the language rather than learning it.

article insisting its not.
Fans Think 'The Shape of Water' Is a Secret 'Hellboy' Prequel | Inverse

• 2Like

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Even if this is well made it will probably put me to sleep.

Why won't Del Torro do pure horror anymore?

spronk

FPS noob
screeners are out, anyone watch who mostly just watches action/scifi? A lot of people keep saying this is one of the top 3 movies of 2017 but i think a chick wanting to fuck a fish would really turn me off

edit: never mind, screeners only for golden globe voters i guess. leak that shit, now!!

• 2Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database