The Strangers: Chapter 1 (2024)

kroenen

Regimen Morum
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Strangers: Chapter 1 (2024)

Tagline: They don't need a reason.

Genre: Horror, Thriller

Director: Renny Harlin

Cast: Madelaine Petsch, Froy Gutierrez, Gabriel Basso, Ema Horvath, Richard Brake, Rachel Shenton, Ella Bruccoleri, George Young, Janis Ahern, Pedro Leandro, Ryan Brown, Ben Cartwright, Florian Clare, Miles Yekinni, Rebecka Johnston, Stevee Davies, Brooke Lena Johnson, Brian Law, Rafaella Biscayn, Pablo Sandstorm, Sara Freedland, J.R. Esposito, Milo Callaghan

Release: 2024-05-17

Runtime: 90

Plot: After their car breaks down, a couple driving cross-country to begin a new life in the Pacific Northwest is forced to spend the night in a secluded rental, where they are terrorized from dusk till dawn by three masked strangers.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The original is...fine? But

1709409666178.png

this seems very ambitious to me.

• 1WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Renny Harlin has really fallen on hard times. There was a point where he was getting big action budgets, no how he fits with this.

Hes one of the quintessential obsurd action movie directors that made shitty but decent action movies from 1988 to 2003 - Shit you would watch on saturday afternoons on WGN, TBS, FX, etc

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I just finished rewatching it and it really only has a couple effective scenes in the entire movie. There have been a lot of movies in this vein that have done this kind of thing better or in more interesting manner.

• 1Like

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
This is yet another movie that doesn't need a reboot or sequels. The first one was boring enough.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
This is yet another movie that doesn't need a reboot or sequels. The first one was boring enough.
Yeah, I think you wrapped up my sentiments exactly. I saw the thread and was like yay the one movie sequel we never asked for, so exciting! Keep it up Hollywood, you're doing a bang-up job.

• 1Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database