The struggle is real

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
The past month has been completely retarded and I feel the need to vent.

Plumbing in the home was acting funny and snaked numerous drains to find out the septic tank was completely full... Notified landlord and had multiple companies come out to see what was wrong, drain field is bad, obviously. One company wanted to charge $7,000, landlord lost her shit, called a dude on Craigslist to give an estimate, he offered to do it for $1,700 without permits lol.

Landlord then kneejerk reacts and tells me she's giving me 2 months to move because she's going to sell the land and home because she's unable to afford the repair.

During this time my current employment goes south (long story) the jist is my boss calls off any work for 2 weeks due to a headache and tile guys working on the house and another Co worker ended up driving past the job and sees him working on it by himself, charging the customer for all of us working the 2 weeks, customer knows because of a camera and we lose a huge contact for work.

a week after all this goes down he ends up getting tboned after rolling through a stopsign and totals his truck.(karma?)

I needed to borrow money from my mom to pay the bills because of the timing of all this, started applying for different jobs and took a job working for a company called Masonite making doors through a staffing company and on my first day to head to work I go out to my car and my tire is completely flat, no holes or screws in the tire at all (bubble + water test) Masonite fires me before even starting.

The very next day I get hired through another staffing agency to do some electrical work for a 41 story hotel that needs smoke detectors and fire alarms installed in 7 days on 12 floors.

Staffing agency informs me there's no free parking around the building and they will get me a parking pass I would just need to pay the first day ($7 a day). I say that's fine and start the next day at 6:45am.

So I wake up and start making my way (it's a 50 mile drive through tolls) and the staffing agency guy calls me at 6:50 and says he's broke down and can't get the tire off and to just head down and meet the captain for safety training and orientation.

4 days go by and I haven't been able to get in touch with the agency at all, no returned phone calls and nobody answers the phone.

I'm now completely broke, I had budgeted making it to Friday for the tolls and gas, not paying $7 a day for parking.

Keep in mind I haven't been able to work and bring in any money for weeks now.

So I call the agency, leave a voicemail and even email them and the fucker calls me at 11am this morning and asks why I wasnt at work...

I explain the situation and he tells me it's not their responsibility to pay for parking and that the company I work for had relieved me off the job for a no show.

I also get a call from the landlord today saying I will need to be out by the first and that she only had to give me 15 days notice to not renew the lease (month to month).

And that's where we are now, I'm completely broke, unemployed and facing being homeless. Even if I found a job today, it'll be 3 weeks before I even get a full paycheck, assuming it's weekly pay and can start immediately.

I mean holy shit is this even real?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Sounds pretty shitty. Move in with you mom and take whatever work you can get. Sounds like you are dealing with shitty craigslist staffing. Find a real firm with a reputation. I dont want to sound insensative but it sounds like you lived in a place with a skeevy landlord and have been dealing with skeevy companies.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Also why arent you getting unemployment? If your first job went under you should be getting benefits.

• 1Like

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
So why weren't you at work? Did you work those 4 days?

Yeah that's why I was broke, thur-fri-mon-tues cost me $28 in parking fees along with $10 a day in gas to get there and back, so all in all it cost me $68 to work 4 days, which wasn't bad when I was making $13/hr.

I also wasnt even eating lunch any of those days just to be able to make it to Friday, i would have gotten paid for the first 2 days last week on Friday morning ( direct deposit) and been able to make it work from there on out but it was all based on the parking pass.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also why arent you getting unemployment? If your first job went under you should be getting benefits.

Under the table doing unlicensed electrical work ( it was me bootstrapping my way to learning a trade) so no unemployment.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Under the table doing unlicensed electrical work ( it was me bootstrapping my way to learning a trade) so no unemployment.

I can appreciate the effort. But damn, that is some greasy shit, and you have to expect to be piled with shit doing that. Rub elbows with Crooks and Con men and this is where you end up. Sure does suck though.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Kind of with Gunnar on this one. You can't do a bunch of shady shit and then complain when it all unravels. That is kind of the nature of the beast.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I mean, you are doing illegal work and undermining union workers.

Stop being a loser.

That might seem harsh....

But if you are 28 dollars away from being homeless because you lost your illegal job, fuck off.

Chalk the tolls up back taxes you piece of shit. Seeing as you havent been paying them getting paid under the table.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Sorry to hear all this. Most people are one paycheck away from being homeless I think I read somewhere.

• 1Solidarity

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I mean, you are doing illegal work and undermining union workers.

Stop being a loser.

That might seem harsh....

But if you are 28 dollars away from being homeless because you lost your illegal job, fuck off.

Chalk the tolls up back taxes you piece of shit. Seeing as you havent been paying them getting paid under the table.

Since you want to be an internet tough guy and start some shit, go fuck yourself.

The only reason I'm in this situation is trying to do legit work. I don't pay taxes on anything but social security and Medicare anyways so unless youre some geriatric fuck on Medicare you aren't missing out on anything tax related. All supplies are taxed through sales tax.

Serious lack of reading comprehension on your part. You want to get mad at someone? Get mad at my old boss, he's the one not paying taxes and not having a license.

I never made enough to not be exempt.

The electrical field is under staffed completely in my area, I've applied to 8 major companies in the area and none of them have enough journeyman to hire an apprentice.

I've never fucked up a job and all my work followed the NEC to the letter.

Poor form on you for talking shit about my situation because I wanted to fucking work and be a contributing member of society with skills. If it wasnt for the hourly requirement id be licensed in my state and not depend on lazy fucking salesman in staffing agencies to pay my bills.

So in short, fuck you buddy, the world isn't roses and cupcakes.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Since you want to be an internet tough guy and start some shit, go fuck yourself.

The only reason I'm in this situation is trying to do legit work. I don't pay taxes on anything but social security and Medicare anyways so unless youre some geriatric fuck on Medicare you aren't missing out on anything tax related. All supplies are taxed through sales tax.

Serious lack of reading comprehension on your part. You want to get mad at someone? Get mad at my old boss, he's the one not paying taxes and not having a license.

I never made enough to not be exempt.

The electrical field is under staffed completely in my area, I've applied to 8 major companies in the area and none of them have enough journeyman to hire an apprentice.

I've never fucked up a job and all my work followed the NEC to the letter.

Poor form on you for talking shit about my situation because I wanted to fucking work and be a contributing member of society with skills. If it wasnt for the hourly requirement id be licensed in my state and not depend on lazy fucking salesman in staffing agencies to pay my bills.

So in short, fuck you buddy, the world isn't roses and cupcakes.

After reading this, it just confirms that you are the problem. Its everyone elses fault but your own.

You made your choices. Deal with the outcome. Dont bitch to strangers on the internet looking for pity.

You made bad choice after bad choice and it is no one elses fault but your own.

This isnt me being a tough guy, Im telling you what you need to hear.

The truth.

You are a loser and need to made better choices. Its not too late. Good Luck.

• 9Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 10 users

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
After reading this, it just confirms that you are the problem. Its everyone elses fault but your own.

You made your choices. Deal with the outcome. Dont bitch to strangers on the internet looking for pity.

You made bad choice after bad choice and it is no one elses fault but your own.

This isnt me being a tough guy, Im telling you what you need to hear.

The truth.

You are a loser and need to made better choices. Its not too late. Good Luck.

You're retarded. Explain how any of those were bad choices. Getting a job was a bad choice? Should I learn how to tell the future like you apparently can? Oh I guess I should have known my landlord was going to turn into a slumlord a year after living there.

I should have known my staffing agency was going to lie about parking passes.

Guess I should have known, please Mr passively offensive dickhead on the internet, I don't want to be a loser anymore, tell me how to see the future like you can so I can avoid random bipolar behavior from complete strangers!

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Start by getting a real job that isnt violating the law, undermining unions, doing work without certification or license.

Thats not "getting a job". You were doing shady shit. Not as shady as the owner, but shady none the less. Working trades under the table isnt some noble profession. Fuck right off with that.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
To be fair I think @Gunnar made some honest points. Understandably you are going through a tough time and perhaps unable to see this but the forums here are pretty brutally honest. Even I have had some situations that I wasn't viewing with complete clarity until getting past them.

Definitely move home if you can. Sometimes you have to start from the beginning when you run out of save points.

Good luck!

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
undermining unions
Of all the random shit to get upset about, this is just bizarre.

By extension I'm guessing you are also enraged that people shop at Walmart instead of supporting shitty local mom and pops?

I'm an angry guy and can appreciate a rant but lol at white knighting electricians unions.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Of all the random shit to get upset about, this is just bizarre.

By extension I'm guessing you are also enraged that people shop at Walmart instead of supporting shitty local mom and pops?

I'm an angry guy and can appreciate a rant but lol at white knighting electricians unions.

Well to be fair, my dad is a Union electrician. Maybe I am biased. For all intents and purposes, Zog is stealing work from them and doing illegal work. And hes doing it without training or certification and is probably going to do damage to the customer. And maybe its their fault for hiring them, but my guess is his shitty boss is presenting themselves as a union shop.

I just feel nothing but contempt for the guy who chooses to work like that, and act like its a legit job and hes doing things t he right way.

• 1Like

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Start by getting a real job that isnt violating the law, undermining unions, doing work without certification or license.

Thats not "getting a job". You were doing shady shit. Not as shady as the owner, but shady none the less. Working trades under the table isnt some noble profession. Fuck right off with that.

You want my fucking tax returns? I claimed all that money I made by the way, if that's what's giving you this smug condescending attitude towards me, you're totally in the wrong.

Fuck the unions. By your constant whining about unions I'm assuming you're a part of one.

You can't be certified as an apprentice, you fucking moron.

Any other retarded cheap shots you want to throw at me?

Obviously you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, more than likely you don't even have a fucking job talking about unions lol probably still farming gold for the Chinese on wow.