The Technomancer

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Looked and didn't see a post on this game.

Sci fi action RPG on near future mars. Player character is a solider modified with electric based abilities. It looks like there are multiple combat stances. The story teaser is about corporations fighting over water. From a French studio called Spiders that developed some Sherlock Holmes games, Bound by Flame and Mars: War Logs. The Technomancer is a direct sequel to Mars: War Logs. I haven't played any of their games but I've always seen mixed reviews for Bound by Flame. Has anyone played Bound by Flame or Mars: War Logs? This doesn't look like something I'll get new, but I'll at least check it out when it's cheaper.

Release date is 6/28/16

Developer:
Spiders (company) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gameplay Trailer(Gamespot)

Companions Trailer(Gamespot)

Cinematic Trailer

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This comes out in just a few days. I'm interested. But need to see some reviews. May just be a shitty RPG. But it does have a nice price tag. Only $38 on steam. Probably cheaper elsewhere.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Mars: War Logs isn't terrible.

A sequel to it very well may be decent. We're not talking triple A here or anything, but competent enough.

I would suggest picking up Mars War Logs, which will almost certainly be on the steam sale here in a day or two, especially in conjunction with the launch of this title, and if you like it, then maybe take the dip for this.

Spiders games prior to Mars War Logs are all almost certainly garbage.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea, it has problems. But it looks good enough to pick up on sale in six months to a year.

First impressions video:

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
People are saying it looks like the same jank as their other games, so if you got anything out of those this is probably just slightly better

Sulrn

Deuces
Yea, it has problems. But it looks good enough to pick up on sale in six months to a year.

First impressions video:
Not going to lie. That footage hurt the game more than his criticism. ME1-3 had plenty of graphical issues and slowdowns as well as cringe worthy dialogue and empty spaces (Hello to you ME2 Omega), but the sum of it's parts was much greater than the sum of its negatives and thus it was a good game. What the video doesn't really address is whether or not the sum of Technomancer is more than it's failings. Combat looks a bit rough, but at least hits actually have an effect (something DA2/3 fails at). He also didn't really talk about itemization and the strengths/weaknesses of the leveling system. Fail review.
frown.png

I'm on the fence.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
It came up in my discovery queue, and I definitely like the premise... but I just can't get past the "indie studio budget" quality. I've played and enjoyed many small budget indie games (Bastion, Darkest Dungeon, Mark of the Ninja, Don't Starve, etc). The difference between those and Technomancer is that they hid their small budget behind a layer of polish and immersion that you'd expect to find in a AAA game and delivered it in a tighter experience. The gameplay videos I've seen of this make it look like they ran out of time and fucks towards the end and kicked it out the door.