The Theory of Everything -- Stephen Hawking chick flick

supertouch_sl

shitlord
I'm surprised this hasn't generated more buzz. It looks great. I think it's pretty cool that Hawking lent his patented computer voice to the movie.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Definitely going to watch, and im surprised I just heard about this. Never really knew much about that side of his life, curious how much of it will be hollywood BS

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Just finished this movie. Not a chick flick. It was excellent. The guy playing Hawking was Hawking. All the strange faces, etc. He nailed it. Just a really well done movie. Sucks so bad someone so god damn smart gets such a shitty card dealt to them. On phone, sorry for brevity.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Pretty good movie. Absolutely brilliant performance, but seems like the movie is more about Jane than stephen. Not surprising since it's based on her memoir but I'm not overly interested in her struggles, even though it's a pretty shitty situation for her to be in.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Awesome movie. Both performances were really good and deserve even more praise than they received.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Pretty good movie. Absolutely brilliant performance, but seems like the movie is more about Jane than stephen. Not surprising since it's based on her memoir but I'm not overly interested in her struggles, even though it's a pretty shitty situation for her to be in.
That's a pretty fair criticism. They didn't really dive too much into Hawkins genius. They kinda showed 1. He did a bunch do math problems, 2. a brief idea of his origin of universe theory, 3. Hawking radiation and 4. his first book. But it seemed his contributions were rushed over and not really emphasized.

I was glad with how they showed the interaction between him and Jane. I don't know any of the true story there at all, but what I got out of it was that he knew he wasn't pleasuring Jane and that she was doing all she could, but just wasn't happy. It seemed to convey that Hawking openly invited the other male to help take care of things so that Jane could have some help with Hawking & kids, and to have someone to fall in love with. And they didn't make it look like a dick move when he wanted to be with his nurse. Made it seem like Jane was willing to continue taking care of him but she was relieved when he found someone else who wasn't kinda obligated to stay with him as opposed to falling for him in his handicapped state.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Yeah I dunno i still think it was shit form by her. She CHOSE to be with him paralyzed and all. I think what she did was just as bad as if she cheated on a fully healthy partner. She should have broken it off with him if she was no longer happy.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
so this movie is like what the mists of avalon was to king arthur?