The Twilight Zone

Fedor

<Banned>
1.43 star(s) Rating: 1.43/5 7 Votes
Title: The Twilight Zone

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Mystery, Drama

First aired: 2019-04-01

Cast: Jordan Peele

Overview: An updated version of the classic TV series featuring various tales of science fiction, horror and mystery.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
looks like when they redo old episodes they're going to be adding new twists, since that one scene looks like the plane crashes and the guy ends up on a beach

Cybsled

There's been a few Twilight Zone reboots before, although they were all kinda meh.

The Outer Limits reboot back in the 90s/early 2000s and Black Mirror are probably the closest in terms of quality successors to the original Zone I'll guess we'll see with this reboot.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The Twilight Zone was so memorable due to Rod Serling's writing and the amount of excellent short stories that the show pillaged for episodes. It was also willing to vary wildly in tone and style from episode to episode. In the same season you follow around a former SS officer as he returns to the Dachau concentration camp after the war and also have a surreal story about a clown, hobo, ballet dancer, bagpiper, and army major stuck in a pit.

I'd love to see this be good but it's got so many hurdles to overcome for that to be so.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Old episodes of TZ are still watchable, applicable, and entertaining. I'd love to see an updated version if it has good storytelling; however, I think this is just going to go for lolSpecialEffects(!!) as its hook and that will be its downfall.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Old episodes of TZ are still watchable, applicable, and entertaining. I'd love to see an updated version if it has good storytelling; however, I think this is just going to go for lolSpecialEffects(!!) as its hook and that will be its downfall.

If it has good storytelling it'll get hated by people with politics to grind who will shit all over the thread.

• 2EyeRoll
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

spronk

FPS noob
First two episodes are out on cbs all access and the usual 🏴‍☠️sites

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

If the new show shat on collectivism, atheism and totalitarianism as hard as the old show these people would bitch and moan endlessly.

Give me a scene for scene shot for shot remake of The Obsolete Man, I fucking dare you.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The first 10 seconds of this was Kumar bitching about guns and how they should be banned.... as a, "comedy routine."

I about puked in my fucking mouth.

• 2Solidarity

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
The first 10 seconds of this was Kumar bitching about guns and how they should be banned.... as a, "comedy routine."

is that the guy who got accused of sexual harassment by being weird on a date?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

Lol yeah. “A well regulated”. Typical liberal since he forgot to add “militia” as the fourth word not “guns”. Rod Serling made people actually think about everything from showing not telling. And some of it was also against the far left just as much as the far right.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
...but was the episode good? I mean, I don't have to agree with what someone is saying to enjoy the overall show.

Please tell me it is still good.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
It wasn't bad. It had a good premise - however, the ending wasn't what I would expect out of a nice twist for a Twilight Zone episode. Black Mirror destroyed it.

Something to keep an eye on to see if they have any better episodes in the coming future. I won't be subscribing to CBS All Access though to get it.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database