The Video Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Nah, it's called price tag switching and is a major form of retail fraud/shoplifting. With the advent of self checkout, it has become even more prevalent. That video is years old, but never saw if that guy ever caught charges. That half a cheese wheel is probably $1000+ theft which they posted on social media for likes.

Related:
i mean if i were to steal, i'd self checkout a few regular items, and then i'd lean on the shopping bags
why?
those shopping bag holders have built in scales to see if what you bought weighs properly like if you bought a 50c cup, no way it would weigh like a 10lbs ps5

but these scales take a lot of abuse and become finicky so they throw a lot of false positives, employees just end up turning them off cuz it's so annoying (cuz the employee has to scan their card after checking it's all kosher), this has happened to me enough times at kroger or publix, that i just throw a quick "chit chat" with them and thats what they tell me.

so once you have "scoped out" which self checkouts have their scales turned off, pay for a few items and scan your ps5, w/ a hallmark card placed on the bottom.