The White Lotus

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Vote
Title: The White Lotus

Genre: Comedy, Drama

First aired: 2021-07-11

Creator: Mike White

Cast: Murray Bartlett, Connie Britton, Jennifer Coolidge, Alexandra Daddario, Fred Hechinger, Jake Lacy, Brittany O'Grady, Natasha Rothwell, Sydney Sweeney, Steve Zahn

Overview: Follow the exploits of various guests and employees at an exclusive tropical resort over the span of a week as with each passing day, a darker complexity emerges in these picture-perfect travelers, the hotel’s cheerful employees and the idyllic locale itself.

Animosity

New show on HBO Max, 3 episodes out so far. Pretty good watch. Has Alexandra Daddario in it, so easy sell.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
I dont know what to say, it is a weird show, nothing much happens but i still watched it. Some great laughs at the end of episode 3. This is a show where the atmosphere and the music is much more engaging than the story.

hory

The point of the show is to mock white privlage and white people in general. If you're white and think it's funny, you're part of the problem etc.

• 3Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 3 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
It's a funny show because it's kind of absurd.

Also the daughter Sydney Sweeney has some fantastic tits and got very naked in that Euphoria show. Daddario on the other hand looks like she doesn't eat anymore and her tits are proof.

• 2Like

Animosity

Renewed for a season 2 that will feature a new cast and is set at a different resort. Ive enjoyed the show so far, curious to see how this story ends in the finale on Sunday.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
This is decent, but let down in some areas - like how is she only just realising her husband is an arsehole, why was it not apparent during their engagement and earlier?

Also, he has a right to be pissed about the hotel room, but he goes about it like an idiot.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
The point of the show is to mock white privlage and white people in general. If you're white and think it's funny, you're part of the problem etc.

Typical FOH "make everything about woke social justice"

I'm on episode 3 and whilst it features white people in an expensive hotel resort, there has been zero commentary on race and privilege.

If anything, it's a slightly satirical take on wokeness because the characters reference things like cancel culture, safe spaces etc but in a way that is mocking it

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
I try to not see everything through a jaded lens in the current social/political climate we live in today. But its hard not to. Especially knowing who makes this. This is yet another thinly veiled anti-male, anti-white show. I'd love to have my head in the sand to be able to enjoy things again, but fuck this show and anyone who supports it

• 1WTF
  • 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I try to not see everything through a jaded lens in the current social/political climate we live in today. But its hard not to. Especially knowing who makes this. This is yet another thinly veiled anti-male, anti-white show. I'd love to have my head in the sand to be able to enjoy things again, but fuck this show and anyone who supports it

Give me one example of how it's anti white.

Guests being white, (some) staff being ethnic is not an example

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
This show had a few good scenes and pretty much all of them involved the hotel manager. Other then that it was meh.

The son is a total waste, the friend of Sweeney's that tagged along on the trip was even worse.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database