The Wire: Greatest Show Ever Made

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 6 Votes
Title: The Wire

Genre: Drama, Crime

First aired: 2002-06-02

Creator: David Simon

Cast: Dominic West, Lance Reddick, Sonja Sohn, Wendell Pierce, Clarke Peters, Michael Kenneth Williams, Deirdre Lovejoy, J.D. Williams, Jamie Hector, Aidan Gillen, Andre Royo, Seth Gilliam, Frankie Faison, Domenick Lombardozzi, Corey Parker Robinson, Robert Wisdom, Isiah Whitlock Jr., John Doman, Gbenga Akinnagbe, Felicia Pearson, Susan Duvall, Thuliso Dingwall, Lawrence Gilliard Jr., Chris Bauer, Anwan Glover, Bill Raymond, Brandon Young, Brian Anthony Wilson, Clark Johnson, Gary D'Addario, Hassan Johnson, Jay Landsman, Jermaine Crawford, Reg E. Cathey, Robert F. Chew, Michael Kostroff, Amy Ryan

Overview: Told from the points of view of both the Baltimore homicide and narcotics detectives and their targets, the series captures a universe in which the national war on drugs has become a permanent, self-sustaining bureaucracy, and distinctions between good and evil are routinely obliterated.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
No more propositions for Prop Joe
frown.png
I just buried my Grandmother there at the same funeral home he was buried
frown.png

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Adebisi;73271 said:
I'm lukewarm about Breaking Bad. Though I thought last season was indeed great.

I don't even...

I don't even have words to describe how much I hate you. Except for those words that I just typed.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
the wire is badass. breaking bad too. incredibly well written & fleshed out.

Adebisi;73271 said:
I'm lukewarm about Breaking Bad.

your fellow townspeople ought to burn your clothes off your back and have you walk away in blistered shame, to be eaten by wolves in the desolation of your soul.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All those fuck scene videos are missing the key piece.

"D", earlier in the episode, explaining how he murdered the woman in that appartment and when you pay attention and still have that in mind, all those fucks are replaced by actual dialogue in your head.

Insomnia_sl

shitlord
The Wire is indeed an amazing show, I kinda feel bad having never seen a single episode of Breaking Bad though. It seems pretty good, but I am alway at work when its on, and I always forget to download it. Having HBO Go though is a lifesaver for some of the shows I wanted to catch up on, but again being to lazy to download or buy them.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
The scene with Marlo and the security guard in the store lacks impact without also seeing Marlo give the order to Chris to kill the security guard later. Shows how out of control Marlo was with power when he basically has a man killed because he was bored and felt like fucking with that guy. Even in the criminal world there are rules and etiquette and Marlo didn't follow any of them. Of all the characters that I liked that got killed during the show I was disappointed that Marlo didn't get his in the end.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
To be fair, I thought the first season of Breaking Bad was kinda weak by comparison. It wasn't dramatic enough to be drama and it wasn't funny enough to be dark comedy. It was only later on when the stakes were raised and Walt started his downward spiral that it went from being an OK show to being truly historic TV.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
To be fair, I thought the first season of Breaking Bad was kinda weak by comparison. It wasn't dramatic enough to be drama and it wasn't funny enough to be dark comedy. It was only later on when the stakes were raised and Walt started his downward spiral that it went from being an OK show to being truly historic TV.
The first season is definitely the weakest. The fourth season is the season where the show hits the "best on TV" mark.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
breaking bad is possibly the best thing ever done thus far on regular cable tv.

it's true that most scenes in The Wire don't have much impact without context, yet that's what makes it what it is. it's a very dry show; no gimmicks. no 'bam boom' scenes to reel you in, but if you sit down and watch the show it builds up... and pays off.

all vids posted on here are so awesome. makes me wanna rewatch.

two more for the batch:

TV show information provided by The Movie Database