The Wonder Years

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
475QWbNOXZiz7DfIfMP9WIpBpTX.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]The Wonder Years[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Romance[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]1988-01-31[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]The Wonder Years is an American television comedy-drama created by Neal Marlens and Carol Black. It ran on ABC from 1988 through 1993. The pilot aired on January 31, 1988, following ABC's coverage of Super Bowl XXII.

The show achieved a spot in the Nielsen Top Thirty for four of its six seasons. TV Guide named the show one of the 20 best of the 1980s. After only six episodes aired, The Wonder Years won an Emmy for best comedy series in 1988. In addition, at age 13, Fred Savage became the youngest actor ever nominated as Outstanding Lead Actor for a Comedy Series. The show was also awarded a Peabody Award in 1989, for pushing the boundaries of the sitcom format and using new modes of storytelling. The series won 22 awards and was nominated for 54 more. In 1997, "My Father's Office" was ranked #29 on TV Guide's 100 Greatest Episodes of All Time, and in the 2009 revised list the pilot episode was ranked #43. The TV show is named after the band, The Wonder Years.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

The other day I was listening to the radio, and they were talking about The Wonder Years finally coming out on DVD. The reason it took so long is because all of the music from the show's original run cost a fortune to license for a DVD version. Even still, they were able to secure 96% of the shows original music, but the Netflix version is truely terrible. To counter the cost, they remade a lot of the the tracks or outright omitted them. They were joking about just how bad the new netflix wonder years sounded, compared to really watching the show on TV when it first aired in the late 80's, early 90's.

So I decided to download a torrent of all of the broadcast episodes. Never watched the full show before. I remember it being on all the time growing up, but even then, I didn't watch it "too" much. But at the same time, I liked the show. So this morning I decided to watch the first episode. It was good. Hits you right in the feels, watching Kevin say how he doesn't like Winny Cooper after his brother embarrasses him, but then goes to comfort her when he finds out her brother was killed in Vietnam.

I'll probably watch an episode a day for a while. Good stuff. Maybe I'll pick up the DVD at some point.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Schags

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Netflix has the entire series on there. (unless it was removed recently but I believe it was on my list a few weeks ago when I scrolled through it).

• 1Like

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Used to watch all the time back in the day. Winnie was so hot when I was a kid.

Netflix does have Wonder Years. It's on my list. Haven't watched a single episode yet and probably would not have noticed any difference.

• 1Like

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I always have then and now, find the show oddly depressing...

I know exactly what you mean. I remember the finale depressing the shit outta me so now everytime I watch an episode, it hits me in the feels and I get all emo. Same thing with Roseanne...

Also, Becky Slater>Winnie Cooper all day. Friggen cock tease...

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I know exactly what you mean. I remember the finale depressing the shit outta me so now everytime I watch an episode, it hits me in the feels and I get all emo. Same thing with Roseanne...

Also, Becky Slater>Winnie Cooper all day. Friggen cock tease...
Current day Winnie > current day Becky, even tho they are sisters IRL.