The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar

Genre: Adventure, Comedy, Family

Director: Wes Anderson

Cast: Benedict Cumberbatch, Dev Patel, Ralph Fiennes, Ben Kingsley, Rupert Friend, Richard Ayoade

Runtime: 39

Plot: Henry Sugar is a wealthy man with a penchant for gambling. One day, he discovers a doctor’s report which describes a strange patient from India who was able to see despite the fact that his eyes were sewn completely shut by doctors, and who used his strange abilities to conduct a very interesting – and incredibly lucrative – act for the circus. After discovering the method by which the doctors “removed” the Indian man’s sight, Henry conducts the procedure on himself, and eventually gives himself the power to see despite his sewn-shut eyes. With the help of his new powers, Henry undergoes a series of charades designed to make him a tremendous amount of money.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
One of my favorite Roald Dahl stories. Sounds like they changed it slightly for the movie but not offensively so.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This is Wes Anderson on meth.

The constant fast past narrative was like AMSR for my brain.

However I imagine most would find this a bit WTF and turn it off within the first ten minutes, but for whatever reason it worked for me in the moment.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
A movie that's essentially a play where they're essentially reading a book.

Good if you're looking for something different and the short run time is definitely a plus. 90 minutes of that would be too much

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database